Please help me pick one

I have the money for an i9 and i also stream while playing games.

I was a bad CPU(xeon e1225 v3) right now that bottle necks the crap out of my GPU(RTX 2070)

I want a simple upgrade so i can stream while playing at max performance guaranteed 60FPS on high settings which i know the 2070 can crush on any game.

My options are

i9 9900k ddr3 vs ryzen 2700 ddr4

i9 is expensive and i know but im happy to buy it.

that ryzeb 2700 is good but i need a lot of CPU power.

someone help me decide. 

For multitasking what you want to do opt for the 2700x with a B450 Board from MSI or a X470 if you want to do heavier OC. 

You can at least upgrade down the line to a 3000 series AMD without having to buy a new motherboard again. 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

If you plan on streaming on the same rig as playing the games r7 2700 may be not the best, I would go for something like i7 9700k or like you suggested i9 9900k

4 minutes ago, wron said:

If you plan on streaming on the same rig as playing the games r7 2700 may be not the best, I would go for something like i7 9700k or like you suggested i9 9900k

The Ryzen 7 is much better in multi-core (which streaming heavily relies upon), what are you talking about? 

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

Just now, Aimi said:

I'd love to see a 9900k running with DDR3, if you could pull that off somehow.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/H310M-DS2V-DDR3-rev-10#kf

boom.

(although it's not recommended in the slightest, never use a 9900k with H310)

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

5 minutes ago, wron said:

okay thanks. i have a b350m i got from a sponsorship for the Ryzen but i have to unplug my whole pc in order to install the motherboard.

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/H310M-DS2V-DDR3-rev-10#kf

boom.

(although it's not recommended in the slightest, never use a 9900k with H310)

image.png.0ca0ef577dff38df6c9ee960babd6833.png

Not only does it support a 9900K, but they forgot to fucking hide the KF processors that aren't a thing yet

2 minutes ago, TNU_Chaleur said:

okay thanks. i have a b350m i got from a sponsorship for the Ryzen but i have to unplug my whole pc in order to install the motherboard.

The 2700 is better, but I'd probably get a better motherboard than that B350M

3 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

Not only does it support a 9900K, but they forgot to fucking hide the KF processors that aren't a thing yet

The F sku is available, remember the issue that they're the same price as the non-F?

3 minutes ago, TNU_Chaleur said:

why wont it work with ddr3? ddr3 is good but ill upgrade to 4 very soon. i just dont want to change mobo. its too much work

It works, but the motherboard you have to use is awful. A 9900T is better, when that's released. Or, if you're getting the most expensive 1151 CPU, get a decent board. DDR4 and DDR3 have different physical slots.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, NunoLava1998 said:

The 2700 is better, but I'd probably get a better motherboard than that B350M

yes but my cpu and GPU are very good. i dont need to spend extra money of things that will cost way more money. My pc runs very well now. all i need is a CPU

Just now, TNU_Chaleur said:

yes but my cpu and GPU are very good. i dont need to spend extra money of things that will cost way more money. My pc runs very well now. all i need is a CPU

I wouldn't be surprised with such terrible VRMs that it would perform like a r5 or r3

I wouldn't be surprised with such terrible VRMs that it would perform like a r5 or r3

i get easy 100fps with a xeon e1225 v3. i just want to stream.

1 minute ago, TNU_Chaleur said:

A 2700 and good B450M/X470 mobo is cheaper than the i9 on its own.

A girl who loves to love.

5 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

The Ryzen 7 is much better in multi-core (which streaming heavily relies upon), what are you talking about? 

How ryzen 7 better than is i9 9900k performance wise? Maybe it will be better in multi-core but you still need some juice to run the actual game where i9 will be way better. Also, why not just get r7 2700x instead of 2700?

Guys, OP is using a CPU from 2011. 

Given that history, I seriously doubt AM4 upgrade path is a legitimate selling point for this guy.

Chances he upgrades in 6 months to Ryzen 3000 are basically Zero.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

2 minutes ago, Aimi said:

A 2700 and good B450M/X470 mobo is cheaper than the i9 on its own.

you guys are forgetting that i have to stream at 1080p 60fps.

and i also have to buy ddr4 ram for the mobo. i9 is so much easier.

1 minute ago, wron said:

How ryzen 7 better than is i9 9900k performance wise? Maybe it will be better in multi-core but you still need some juice to run the actual game where i9 will be way better. Also, why not just get r7 2700x instead of 2700?

i9 will be about 20% better(singlecore and multicore) but it costs the same as the ryzen + motherboard, plus is extremely hard to cool, and has a shitty upgrade path.

i9 will be about 20% better(singlecore and multicore) but it costs the same as the ryzen + motherboard, plus is extremely hard to cool, and has a shitty upgrade path.

Upgrade path is overrated.

Most people are like OP, and skip multiple generations, making "upgrade path" moot.

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

Just now, TNU_Chaleur said:

you guys are forgetting that i have to stream at 1080p 60fps.

and i also have to buy ddr4 ram for the mobo. i9 is so much easier.

The i9 will perform horribly with H310 (someone tried it and it was worse than the i5 iirc, please don't try it).

The i9 costs more, is extremely hard to cool and has a very bad upgrade path (as in, it's the final generation, 10th gen and beyond will need a new motherboard and probably DDR5 anyway). The Ryzen is easy to cool, cheap as fuck and has an amazing upgrade path that could potentially give him a better product than the 9900K.

Just now, Plutosaurus said:

Upgrade path is overrated.

Most people are like OP, and skip multiple generations.

If the Zen 2 leaks are true, he could upgrade to a R7/R9 and have significantly better performance compared to the 9900K multicore and singlecore.

4 minutes ago, TNU_Chaleur said:

i9 is so much easier.

how? you still need DDR4 and a decent motherboard.

Primary PC:

The i9 will perform horribly with H310 (someone tried it and it was worse than the i5 iirc, please don't try it).

The i9 costs more, is extremely hard to cool and has a very bad upgrade path (as in, it's the final generation, 10th gen and beyond will need a new motherboard and probably DDR5 anyway). The Ryzen is easy to cool, cheap as fuck and has an amazing upgrade path that could potentially give him a better product than the 9900K.

If the Zen 2 leaks are true, he could upgrade to a R7/R9 and have significantly better performance compared to the 9900K multicore and singlecore.

He's been able to get significant upgrades for YEARS, but hasn't. Dude has an 8 year old CPU. There's no indication he is interested in "upgrade path".

ill take your advise. thx. maybe ill just make a 2nd tower with ryzen 2700 and my old cpu and parts

I swear upgrade path is starting to make me feel the same way as "gluten free" labels on meat.