custom watercooling

I want to start to custom watercool, on the semi-cheap (meaning not like the cheapest stuff to the point where it's terrible, but still relatively cheap) but I don't know where to start. I want to watercool a ryzen 5 1600 and a gtx 1080 founders edition. Also, I want to use only 90-degree fittings where so that the soft tubing doesn't bend, because I think it looks cool. Will that decrease performance or be a hassle? Looking for some parts and places to find the parts, and overall knowledge.

12 minutes ago, Shyam Ganapathy said:

Also, I want to use only 90-degree fittings where so that the soft tubing doesn't bend,

If your doing that might as well use Acrylic as it won't be that much harder considering you using all 90 degree fittings

14 minutes ago, Shyam Ganapathy said:

Will that decrease performance or be a hassle?

Its more of a hassle for soft tubing which at that point I would just use acrylic.Its also significantly more expensive as fittings arent cheap

15 minutes ago, Shyam Ganapathy said:

Looking for some parts and places to find the parts, and overall knowledge.

I would take a look around EKWB's website and see if anything catches your eye.

I mainly used performace-pcs for my config tho

My life

51 minutes ago, Himommies said:

If your doing that might as well use Acrylic as it won't be that much harder considering you using all 90 degree fittings

Its more of a hassle for soft tubing which at that point I would just use acrylic.Its also significantly more expensive as fittings arent cheap

I would take a look around EKWB's website and see if anything catches your eye.

I mainly used performace-pcs for my config tho

I know that microcenter has a watercooling section, and there is one like 5 mins away from me. I am just wondering what works together, and how to choose your parts. For the fittings, if it is like 100 dollars more expensive, I probably won't do it right now. 

Best to get nice barb and proper tubbing. Then 90’s where you want. I still haven’t tried hardline yet. Kinda hate the idea of not being able to change things with out new tubes. 

Id also be surprised for microcenter to still have a 1080 block there. But good for running to if you find out you need more parts of going hardline. As people always buy less then what they end up needing 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

11 hours ago, Shyam Ganapathy said:

I want to start to custom watercool, on the semi-cheap (meaning not like the cheapest stuff to the point where it's terrible, but still relatively cheap) but I don't know where to start. I want to watercool a ryzen 5 1600 and a gtx 1080 founders edition. Also, I want to use only 90-degree fittings where so that the soft tubing doesn't bend, because I think it looks cool. Will that decrease performance or be a hassle? Looking for some parts and places to find the parts, and overall knowledge.

Check out Bykski and Barrow.

They offer cheaper alternatives to the usual brands that carry a premium, like EK.

Nothing wrong with using just 90's, BUT it will increase cost, and you might aswell go hardline if ur trying to aim for straight runs anyway.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

20 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

Check out Bykski and Barrow.

They offer cheaper alternatives to the usual brands that carry a premium, like EK.

Nothing wrong with using just 90's, BUT it will increase cost, and you might aswell go hardline if ur trying to aim for straight runs anyway.

The thing is, this is my first time watercooling, aio or not. I feel like hardline will be hard and also i dont know what tools i need. for the fittings do they make compression fittings for 90 degrees?

You just use a 90 and add a compression fitting on each end. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

1 hour ago, Shyam Ganapathy said:

The thing is, this is my first time watercooling, aio or not. I feel like hardline will be hard and also i dont know what tools i need. for the fittings do they make compression fittings for 90 degrees?

You can use F/F 90's + 2 normal straight fittings. Used for bends along tubing runs.

or

You can use M/F 90's + 1 normal straight fitting. These are used to come out of a block/pump/res/rad.

For hardline, if ur not going to bend the tubing, u just need some cutters, and a bit of sandpaper to remove sharp edges of the tubing. the main 'issue' with hardline is ensuring no leaks, this is ultimatly down to how well the tubing and fittings match in size.

As its ur first build, i would stick with soft tubing, its what i did.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

5 hours ago, SolarNova said:

You can use F/F 90's + 2 normal straight fittings. Used for bends along tubing runs.

or

You can use M/F 90's + 1 normal straight fitting. These are used to come out of a block/pump/res/rad.

For hardline, if ur not going to bend the tubing, u just need some cutters, and a bit of sandpaper to remove sharp edges of the tubing. the main 'issue' with hardline is ensuring no leaks, this is ultimatly down to how well the tubing and fittings match in size.

As its ur first build, i would stick with soft tubing, its what i did.

Alright. How about using the materials, since I read that you can only use copper and copper or nickel and nickel. I found this waterblock and I can't tell if it's nickel or copper.https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835709052&Description=gtx 1080 waterblock&cm_re=gtx_1080_waterblock-_-35-709-052-_-Product

There aren’t any nickel products, just Nicole coated copper. Which are fine with copper. 

Just dont add silver to nickle or aluminum with anything else. 

2 hours ago, Shyam Ganapathy said:

Alright. How about using the materials, since I read that you can only use copper and copper or nickel and nickel. I found this waterblock and I can't tell if it's nickel or copper.https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835709052&Description=gtx 1080 waterblock&cm_re=gtx_1080_waterblock-_-35-709-052-_-Product

That block is nickel plated copper.

You CAN mix copper, nickel and silver. (though note that if u mix silver and nickel, ensure the nickel plating is thick, there have been cases of overly thin nickel plating reacting badly with silver)

You can NOT mix those with Aluminium.

You will only likely come across silver when it comes to fittings, as some brands, like monsoon, have fittings that are silver plated. or if u specificaly buy a silver kill coil. Silver is used as a means to combat biological build up within the loop, instead of, or in addition to, biocide addatives.

6 hours ago, Mick Naughty said:

There aren’t any nickel products, just Nicole coated copper. Which are fine with copper. 

Just dont add silver to nickle or aluminum with anything else. 

ok thanks for the info