Enermax Revolution87+ Failed need new hybrid PSU

Hi all, my old Enermax Revolution87+ 650W just died, no more turning on.

this past week his fan was acting weird, making rattling noises, bumping into something internal or the walls maybe(not the grill) and sometimes it would re-balance itself again. But now it doesn't seem to turn on, I don't know if it's because the fan caused it (I was planning to take it apart, remove the fan and use an external one to blow air inside it) or it's simply a coincidence and it just died lol.

anyway, given my specs: i5-3570K@1.3v and GTX1070, I thought that maybe 550W should be enough, even if I get the top of the next gen (2020 or later for VR probably) GPUs

as of now I'm heavily interested into a Seasonic model, possibly with Hybrid mode so I can minimize the fan usage, I don't play heavy games, 2D, Apex, Titanfall 2, Overwatch etc...  and I was wondering if maybe buying an higher Wattage like a 650w means I'll be able to keep the fan still for most of the time(??)

also the new lineup isn't much clear of any differences in models aside the 80+ certifications so I'm confused,

which one would you reccomend? The budget can be over 100€ as I plan on keeping it till it fails like the last one and probably I won't need to upgrade it in the future. (Just don't go crazy suggesting 200+ models at 1000Watts or silly features like RGB sync and similar stuff)

thankss, sorry for any formatting errors or typo but I'm typing from my phone since my pc died :P

2020 AMD Build:

Ryzen 3800x - Asus TUF x570 - Crucial Ballistix 16GB 3600cl16 - ROG Strix GTX1070 OC 8G - EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W - Sabrent Rocket 1TB

2012 Intel Build:

Intel i5-3570k @4.0Ghz - Asus Maximus V Formula - Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866 - XFX HD7970 GHz - Enermax Revolution87+ 650w - Crucial MX500 500GB

first lesson first: NEVER JUDGE ON BRAND

with that said, something like a corsair rmx, bitfenix whisper or a be quiet pure power 11/straight power 11/dark power 11 should fit your needs

80+ gold sounds like a good plan, but don't judge on just the 80+ rating, rather use the psu tier list down my signature as a baseline

If you need a PSU that lasts absurdly long (12 year warranty lmao), you can get a SEASONIC PRIME ULTRA power supply. Typically a 550W is about 120$ and 650W a bit more

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

1 hour ago, LukeSavenije said:

first lesson first: NEVER JUDGE ON BRAND

True, but I always considered Seasonic to be one of the most trustworthy in quality for PSUs 

but as you can see in the end I went with an enermax because it was a better bang for my bucks at the time of purchase and aside from failing I never had any issues with them

@ everyone else! (Can't multi-quote from mobile :( )

thanks!! I'll look into these links, the Prime seems pretty good for the price, and it's on Amazon Prime (lol)

2020 AMD Build:

Ryzen 3800x - Asus TUF x570 - Crucial Ballistix 16GB 3600cl16 - ROG Strix GTX1070 OC 8G - EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W - Sabrent Rocket 1TB

2012 Intel Build:

Intel i5-3570k @4.0Ghz - Asus Maximus V Formula - Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866 - XFX HD7970 GHz - Enermax Revolution87+ 650w - Crucial MX500 500GB

20 minutes ago, Trentonxx said:

True, but I always considered Seasonic to be one of the most trustworthy in quality for PSUs 

but as you can see in the end I went with an enermax because it was a better bang for my bucks at the time of purchase and aside from failing I never had any issues with them

@ everyone else! (Can't multi-quote from mobile :( )

thanks!! I'll look into these links, the Prime seems pretty good for the price, and it's on Amazon Prime (lol)

prime is good, but a lot of psus are prime based, keep that in mind. just don't get any bronze units from seasonic...

@BiG StroOnZStroOnZ

@NunoLava1998

13 minutes ago, Trentonxx said:

Well, you should absolutely stop that. Compared to bigger manufacturers, they have worse QC, due to them outsourcing a lot, including the PCBA. All of their PSUs also lack multi rail, and they use mediocre Hong Hua fans. The Focus also has issues with some higher end GPUs. 

16 minutes ago, Trentonxx said:

Can't multi-quote from mobile :( )

If you press the + button, you can quote multiple people at once. 

450W is absolutely plenty for your 1070. The ATX standard is long overdue for a significant update, so it might be silly to buy a PSU with the intention of using it for a very long time. 

With that said, if you want your PSU to last for a long time, disable the semi passive mode. It can cause hot spots, and it will decrease the lifespan of the PSU. PSUs with a semi passive mode also tend to have their OTP triggering point set quite high. A low RPM, quiet fan is preferred, as it will provide some airflow, while staying just as quiet. 

Check out the Straight Power 11 450-550W, Whisper M 450-550W, Formula Gold 450-550W and Dark Power Pro 11 550W. 

:)