Half-Life 3 coming soon?

deadaccount69

So I was randomly browsing the valve website and came across the "about us" page. I noticed this under games: 

We started with Half-Life®, the first-person, sci-fi shooter game that’s won more than 50 Game of the Year and a few "Best Game Ever" awards. We expanded the Half-Life franchise with a sequel and Half-Life 2 Episodes 1 and 2. Then we added the horror titles Left 4 Dead® and Left 4 Dead 2, the multiplayer combat franchise Team Fortress®, the #1 online action game Counter-Strike® and the award-winning puzzlers Portal™ and Portal 2And we’re just getting warmed up.

Now, I know that does not mean that it is becoming released, and that it may have been up there for a while, but no one seems to have noticed it, and it does say at least one thing: Valvis still making games. A lot of people have said that Valve doesnt want to make games anymore because Steam gives them too much money. This at least disproves that. And IMO, Valve is definitely working on it because everyone is asking, oops, I meant begging for it. Just my 2 cents.

EDIT: Just btw, this is a slightly troll thread. I just wanted to point out that Valve has not given up on games.

Of course Valve still makes games, and no this is not a sign that Half-Life 3 is just around the corner. There are plenty of good actual information on it from Valve themselves, and they almost all state that Half-Life 3 production has been halted because of technology they want to implement is not yet available.

Of course Valve still makes games, and no this is not a sign that Half-Life 3 is just around the corner. There are plenty of good actual information on it from Valve themselves, and they almost all state that Half-Life 3 production has been halted because of technology they want to implement is not yet available.

What technology, Source 2 engine? They are also working on L4D, maybe this will be proving ground for source 2 then they make hl3.

A lot of people have said that Valve doesnt want to make games anymore because Steam gives them too much money.

Nobody said that. What we say is that steam gives Valve a lot of money, which means that there is no financial pressure on them to release games quickly. They can take their sweet time, go back to the drawing board 2-3 times, change engines, whatever... until they are happy with the result, simply because they have the money to do so. That doesn't mean they have stopped making games. Personally I think Portal 2 is their best work (just an opinion).

PS- also they have no shareholders or publishers forcing them to release games fast

Valve, and Gaben, are afraid of releasing HL3 due to the massive hype and the fact that they are still investing in how to make the sequel differentiate and innovate in the FPS genre (which is something the community indirectly has forced them to do). If the game does not live up to the hype it could possibly cause irreparable damage to their reputation. So, basically, if people stop hyping it, and leave it be, it will be released faster.

These reasons are also one of the factors that have made them focus on other games to keep some focus away from the HL universe. They want to work on the game, they want to release it – But the community has made it impossible.

If there are no more details unveiled this year about the game, I'm estimating a 2017 - 2018 release.

Cheers,

Linus

That quote is 3 lines long. HL3 confirmed.

Even better, they say the name half life 3 times in there.

Half life 3 confirmed.

Signatures are stupid.

It has been confirmed. Now I have to play the first two..

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

funny thing is i havent even played number 2 or the episodes. i want to finish opposing force/blue shift first.

EDIT: and yes, i know that they arent actually a part of the half-life series but i paid for them and i want to flippin get my money's worth. (although i must say, i am seriously not enjoying opposing force very much(especially compared to half-life). hopefully blue shift is better.)

Half+Life+3+Confirmed.+http+www.funnyjun

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

Valve, and Gaben, are afraid of releasing HL3 due to the massive hype and the fact that they are still investing in how to make the sequel differentiate and innovate in the FPS genre (which is something the community indirectly has forced them to do). If the game does not live up to the hype it could possibly cause irreparable damage to their reputation. So, basically, if people stop hyping it, and leave it be, it will be released faster.

These reasons are also one of the factors that have made them focus on other games to keep some focus away from the HL universe. They want to work on the game, they want to release it – But the community has made it impossible.

If there are no more details unveiled this year about the game, I'm estimating a 2017 - 2018 release.

This is one of the biggest problems... Once they have almost completed it, another game comes out with the features they have or even better...

CPU: AMD R7 5800x | GPU: XFX 5500XT 4GB | RAM: 2x8GB Kingston Fury Renegade 3600MHz CL16 | Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx L360 | MB: Aorus B550 Elite V2 | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250gb & WD20EAZX | Case: Antec DF700

Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 460: Intel 6200U | 8GB | 256GB SSD | Active pen

It's a shame Half Life has stories to resolve. We don't need another Half Life game - what we need is innovation only Valve can bring (think original Half Life, L4D and Portal). The gaming industry is today over saturated with linear shooters, and even though the Half Life formula is pretty solid and has a fan base, I'd very much prefer to see a new, mind-blowing innovation from Valve. Half Life can never satisfy all these years of hype anyway.

Less sequel, moar new stuff!

Just wait for the AMA and all shall be unveiled. 

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Build it and they shall come, this seems to be an exception as the fans have built this hype machine all by themselves and Valve have yet to come. ;)