What psu is recommended

jrhd13
4 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Normally I wouldn't recommend it, but for what you're powering it'll probably be fine.

or you just get this...

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/b37v6h/be-quiet-system-power-9-500-w-80-bronze-certified-atx-power-supply-bn246

or the 400 for a bit less

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/2PZFf7/be-quiet-system-power-9-400-w-80-bronze-certified-atx-power-supply-bn245

4 minutes ago, jrhd13 said:

Is this any good?

for a office system maybe, but not for a gaming system

I'm not using it for gaming its just for streaming movies and retro games like sega and nes

5 hours ago, Stormseeker9 said:

That PSU is for sure gonna blow up at some point ?

in 50 years, sure, because of the way low ESR Electrolytes work and the water in the caps, PROBABLY.

but within the Warranty, well, you could do way worse...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

9 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

in 50 years, sure, because of the way low ESR Electrolytes work and the water in the caps, PROBABLY.

but within the Warranty, well, you could do way worse...

A £16 PSU.. mate guaranteed one surge of power in the house or something overloading that thing starts smoking ??

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Mate, why are you looking at waste-of-money type garbage PSUs instead of listening to recommendations? It seems like you have Amazon available to you, you should be able to find grey label CX/  System Power 9/ Performance X  (seems bit overpriced at Amazon) 

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

I'm not getting that £16 psu I agree its garbage. I'm looking at other possibilities other than corsair cx450. I've been out of the pc game awhile but I remember antec, xfx, thermaltake and evga being really good psu. Is this anygood? 

1551172649192370929014.jpg

Just now, jrhd13 said:

'm not getting that £16 psu I agree its garbage. I'm looking at other possibilities other than corsair cx450. I've been out of the pc game awhile but I remember antec, xfx, thermaltake and evga being really good psu. Is this anygood? 

No. Those are brands, not PSUs. What's the point of asking for recommendations if you just ignore them?

:)

16 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

not going sketch on your psu like that one

around 400 you get the better units, not that you need it wattagewise, but you do qualitywise

btw, why waste your money on a 1030?

What graphics card would you suggest if not the 1030?

6 minutes ago, jrhd13 said:

I'm not getting that £16 psu I agree its garbage. I'm looking at other possibilities other than corsair cx450. I've been out of the pc game awhile but I remember antec, xfx, thermaltake and evga being really good psu. Is this anygood? 

If I remember right, it is based on the S12II platform, which means it is not recommended. 

Find a used 1050/1050 Ti if you can, they should cost about the same as new 1030, but will give you better performance for the money, especially the 1050 Ti

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

Yes they are brands but so is corsair. All I'm saying is 10yrs ago those brands did really good psu's. I am taking others recommendations on board. I'm just looking at other viable options. My last pc had an antec psu.

11 minutes ago, jrhd13 said:

I've been out of the pc game awhile but I remember antec, xfx, thermaltake and evga being really good psu. Is this anygood?

No, XFX is mostly shit, Thermaltake and EVGA as well.

They have some nice/interesting units, but they are also the highest end ones.

9 minutes ago, jrhd13 said:

What graphics card would you suggest if not the 1030?

None.

The 1030 is equally bad the thing in my Ryzen 2400G. So you do not need a GPU for that.

So instead of wasting money on that you might want to look into selling your stuff for like 125€ or something around that, get a decent AM4 Board, a 2200G or 2400G, a bit of Memory and be in a similar price region as the 1030 (and have about the same performance if you got like DDR4-3000 memory) and actually a more modern/better system...

Or look for an RX570/8GiB...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

15 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

No, XFX is mostly shit, Thermaltake and EVGA as well.

They have some nice/interesting units, but they are also the highest end ones.

None.

The 1030 is equally bad the thing in my Ryzen 2400G. So you do not need a GPU for that.

So instead of wasting money on that you might want to look into selling your stuff for like 125€ or something around that, get a decent AM4 Board, a 2200G or 2400G, a bit of Memory and be in a similar price region as the 1030 (and have about the same performance if you got like DDR4-3000 memory) and actually a more modern/better system...

Or look for an RX570/8GiB...

I'm happy with my cpu it works for me and runs kodi well. It runs 1080p well for me. As you probably can tell im trying to do build it on a budget. I dont have a hdr 4k tv so I have no need for it yet. I dont play  AAA games on my pc I have an xbox for that. Only games would be from retroarch. 

18 hours ago, Bajantechnician said:

Ooo, maybe that's the older CX im thinking about ?

I remember at one time the CX had really bad ripple or something and that people were advised to get the CXM

You must remember wrong - the older modular and nonmodular CXes were identical to each other. It would make no sense to recommend someone to get CXM instead of CX when they were the same.

18 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

you're thinking about the green label cx up to the 650 watt. the cx and cxm gray are quite similar

No, it's the other way around. Current ("grey label") CX and CXM are completely different from each other. The older CX and CXM were the same, so I really wonder what's the memory @Bajantechnician is trying to recall. Regardless of time period, it never made sense to recommend CXM instead of CX.

14 minutes ago, OrionFOTL said:

it never made sense to recommend CXM instead of CX

I'm curious now, is it for the sleeve fan they don't use anymore?

4 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:
18 minutes ago, OrionFOTL said:

it never made sense to recommend CXM instead of CX

I'm curious now, is it for the sleeve fan they don't use anymore?

No, it's because they were never different, like I said.

Bajantechnician recalls people were recommending green CXM instead of green CX, but they were not different.

2 minutes ago, OrionFOTL said:

No, it's because they were never different, like I said.

Bajantechnician recalls people were recommending green CXM instead of green CX, but they were not different.

oh, you're talking about the green label, i thought you wanted to say that the gray label cx and cxm were different

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

i thought you wanted to say that the gray label cx and cxm were different

Please, please just start reading what people post. Saves time, saves space, and spares some nerves for the poor moderator who has to read this flood.

24 minutes ago, OrionFOTL said:

Current ("grey label") CX and CXM are completely different from each other.

Its ok lol. All comments are helpful. I've found a cx450 is this good for what I'm doing?

Screenshot_20190226-121259.png

4 hours ago, jrhd13 said:

*snip*

Yup, shall be the one. Next time, try not to screenshot. It destroys mobile users :P