I need Help with Internet

NotFestiveOwl

Okay, so I have a slight problem and a crazy idea which should work... So I have a D-Link DIR-825 (the one with 4 antennas) and I have an iPhone 6, now by techincal logisctics I should be good when I stick a USB in the modem and it should be working, but it doesn’t and I don’t know what to do much here anymore.

What I have done

- I started a hostpot on my phone

- Put the internet cable in the main cable

image.jpg

Just now, OperatorBambi said:

Okay, so I have a slight problem and a crazy idea which should work... So I have a D-Link DIR-825 (the one with 4 antennas) and I have an iPhone 6, now by techincal logisctics I should be good when I stick a USB in the modem and it should be working, but it doesn’t and I don’t know what to do much here anymore.

What I have done

- I started a hostpot on my phone

- Put the internet cable in the main cableimageproxy.php?img=&key=17c10421afdc6db8

image.jpg

Not all routers support 4G LTE connections. Only a select few. If that router is capabile of running DDWRT you might be able to get 4G support, though I dont remember if 4G support was enabled in DDWRT for sure. I had the DIR 835 at one point and it ran DDWRT good, but it would get hell of hot. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Just now, Donut417 said:

Not all routers support 4G LTE connections. Only a select few. If that router is capabile of running DDWRT you might be able to get 4G support, though I dont remember if 4G support was enabled in DDWRT for sure. I had the DIR 835 at one point and it ran DDWRT good, but it would get hell of hot. 

Soo... What are you saying? what should I do? did I stick the cables in the tight spot? also when i do my test through pc it says (“Ethernet” has invalid Ip configuration) or something like that

1 minute ago, OperatorBambi said:

Soo... What are you saying? what should I do? did I stick the cables in the tight spot? also when i do my test through pc it says (“Ethernet” has invalid Ip configuration) or something like that

Im saying that if your trying to use your phones 4G LTE thru the router its not going to work. With wired broadband service the WAN port on the router should be connected to the modem of your ISP. The router should handle IP address assignments and such to your network. The only thing I could suggest is resetting that router back to factory default and resetting it up. Making sure the DHCP server is enabled so you get an IP address. If that doesnt work then maybe the router is dead, I mean its an old one that DLink no longer supports. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

WTF is the ethernet cable for?  You're just using the router as a switch/hub in this instance. Hotspot generally refers to using the phones wifi to distribute the phones bandwidth, you want to start usb tethering.

Then you'll need to convince your router that its USB port has the WAN connection, hopefully the firmware you're using has that provision (dd-wrt and tomato are such firmwares.)

Good Luck.