System won't boot after changing fan settings in BIOS

Go to solution Solved by I Josh I,

Ok so I fixed the problem. I was reading another forum with a similar issue, where the monitors had the 'no connection' message, and 5 beeps for a Gigabyte mobo. And they found out that it was a cord problem. So I gave it a try since nothing else seemed to be working, and after I swapped out the cord, I turned on my computer and it worked!

If anyone else has a similar problem to this, I would try to see if it is a cord problem first, before taking your computer apart.

HI all

So I was changing some fan settings in the Bios, and after I was done I saved and exit, every thing seemed normal, no beeps, fans were running, but afterwords I couldn't access my desktop. Once the loading logo was gone, my screens kind of light up, but than just say no signal. I went back into the bios and selected the option to 'load default' settings but that didn't do anything.

I took the cmos battery out for an hour as well, but that also didn't work. I also took both my RAM sticks out and put them back in, that also didn't work.

So my monitor on the right (which is connected through an HDMI cable) lights up when I boot up and you can see the mouse hand on it and move it around. My monitor on the left is just black. So I unplugged the monitor that is connected through the HDMI and left the other monitor (which is connected to the graphics card) plugged in. I started up my computer, and 3 beeps were set off.

Edit; I just removed my graphics card completely and plugged  it back in, no such luck. I noticed something as well, when I boot up my computer the fans on my gpu startup and are spinning, but than after the loading logo disappear, the fans stop.

Any thoughts?

My system:
CPU: Intel Core i7-8700 @ 3.20GHz
RAM: 16.0GB Dual-channel https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232242
MOBO: Gigabyte B360 Arous gaming 3 https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813145061
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
CPU Cooler: CORSAIR HYDRO SERIES H75 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler
SSD: SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series 2.5" 1TB SATA III
PSU: EVGA 500 W1, 80+ WHITE 500W

Edited by I Josh I

Ok so I fixed the problem. I was reading another forum with a similar issue, where the monitors had the 'no connection' message, and 5 beeps for a Gigabyte mobo. And they found out that it was a cord problem. So I gave it a try since nothing else seemed to be working, and after I swapped out the cord, I turned on my computer and it worked!

If anyone else has a similar problem to this, I would try to see if it is a cord problem first, before taking your computer apart.

May I ask what chord? Display cable? 

8 minutes ago, I Josh I said:

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

5 hours ago, SenpaiKaplan said:

May I ask what chord? Display cable? 

It was an DVI-D to DVI-D cord. But the weird thing is that I actually just swapped it with my other monitor. So the monitor cord that was apparently the issue which was the DVI-D to DVI-D I just swapped to my other monitor  instead, and that seemed to work. Though I am wondering if there may be something wrong with the cord  because when I plugged it into my second monitor, the screen was green, and than I tightened the end that goes into the monitor a bit more and it went back to normal. Nonetheless if you experience what I did, at least just swap out the cords, or switch them around to see if that makes any difference.