Moving data from one HDD to another

PastaLeft

I currently have a 1 TB Toshiba DT01ACA100 HDD and I am wanting to upgrade to a  2 TB Seagate BarraCuda HDD, how would I be able to move all the data from my 1 TB Toshiba HDD to a 2 TB Seagate HDD?

If you're using a PC, you can install both of them into the computer and just move files from the original to the other.

Otherwise, there are SATA-USB3 adapters that'll let you just plug the drive in and transfer stuff

Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 3700X @4.4Ghz, GPU: Gigabyte RX 5700 XT, RAM: 32 GB (2x 8GB Trident Z Royal + 2x 8GB TForce Vulkan Z) @3000Mhz, Motherboard: ASRock B550m Steel Legend, Storage: 1x WD Black 1Tb NVMe (boot) + 1x Samsung 860 QVO 1Tb SSD (storage), Case: Thermaltake Core V21, Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

In addition to what @Adorable Cat (nice name btw) said, I would recommend transferring the data in small chunks. So rather than just selecting all and moving it to the new drive, do something like a couple folders (as long as they're not more than 10GB in size). This way, it's actually faster and safer.

But if it is your boot drive, I would backup all your personal data to a thumb drive or external hdd, then do a fresh install of Windows (or whatever OS). Everything just goes much more smoothly that way, you'll have less headaches.