Is this case good?

afaq0
Go to solution Solved by PopsicleHustler,
1 minute ago, afaq0 said:

@PopsicleHustler The case is about 10 euros. 

£10. 

Then go ahead and buy it. 

I found a case for sale for a cheap price called the INWIN Griffin. I was thinking of buying it because my current pc had a case with no fans and no space for any. It only has a little ventilation. Would this case help with keeping my pc cool or will it not make too much of a difference. It has a 220mm fan, which is really big but I'm not sure if it will be effective in the way it is placed. The case is also from 2010. I have inserted images. Do you think I should get this case? 

71OqkchlStL._SY355_.jpg

I found a case for sale for a cheap price

What is "cheap"? I wouldn't get this case for more than 30 euros.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

it looked kinda weird... but everyone their taste

there are some really nice newer cases, do you have any budget in mind?

@PopsicleHustler The case is about 10 euros. 

£10. 

Then go ahead and buy it. 

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

@LukeSavenije Ok thanks ?

I agree that it does look a bit strange but I really wanted better cooling and the price seems nice. Thanks for your reply. 

@LukeSavenije Ok thanks ?

I agree that it does look a bit strange but I really wanted better cooling and the price seems nice. Thanks for your reply. 

yeah... it really has a... special look to it

have fun with it!

2 minutes ago, afaq0 said:

Thanks @PopsicleHustler

I'll buy it today. 

My budget is quite low for now. Dad wants me to focus on exams. 

Post some pictures of this case when you get it. I'm curious how a modern system would look in it.

@PopsicleHustler

Well...my build is not too modern. I got a GTX 1050 ti and a new SSD. Other than that, I have taken parts from my dad's old prebuilt such as an i5 - 2320 and 8gb ram. Motherboard is not that new either. 

Hopefully in the future when I go to college next year, I can get a nice build. 

I can still send pictures of the case when it's done. ?

@PopsicleHustler

Well...my build is not too modern. I got a GTX 1050 ti and a new SSD. Other than that, I have taken parts from my dad's old prebuilt such as an i5 - 2320 and 8gb ram. Motherboard is not that new either. 

Finishing school eh?

17 minutes ago, afaq0 said:

I found a case for sale for a cheap price called the INWIN Griffin. I was thinking of buying it because my current pc had a case with no fans and no space for any. It only has a little ventilation. Would this case help with keeping my pc cool or will it not make too much of a difference. It has a 220mm fan, which is really big but I'm not sure if it will be effective in the way it is placed. The case is also from 2010. I have inserted images. Do you think I should get this case? 

71OqkchlStL._SY355_.jpg

This case looks good but is probably sharp around the edges. 

Desktop:

Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.7GHz, 8GB x 2 GSkill Ripjaws, Gigabyte Gaming B8 Motherboard, 256GB Samsung 960 Pro PCIe NVMe SSD, 1.27 TB of Spanned Goodness, GTX 1050 Ti, and GT 710. Runs both macOS High Sierra and Windows 10, and Pop! OS 20.04 LTS.

Laptop:

Lenovo X1 Carbon 2nd Gen

Server:

7TB Array in Proxmox server

Intel Pentium G4560 @ 3.5GHz

16GB DDR4 

ASUS H270M Motherboard

1GB Zotac NVIDIA GT 710

10 minutes ago, elin13 said:

This case looks good but is probably sharp around the edges. 

inwin isn't that bad...

14 minutes ago, afaq0 said:

@PopsicleHustler

make a build log... and notify me when you're done

i mean i wouldnt personally but for that price i guess its better than nothing. the cheapest case i have ever activly recommended is the bitfenix neos

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

For anyone wondering what the internals look like

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811108228

IN WIN Griffin (Yellow) Black / Yellow Computer Case

That 220mm side mounted fan will make a significant difference in your PC temps. For 10 euro's its a good deal. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

For anyone wondering what the internals look like

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811108228

IN WIN Griffin (Yellow) Black / Yellow Computer Case

That 220mm side mounted fan will make a significant difference in your PC temps. For 10 euro's its a good deal. 

it looks kinda funny, but i agree, it's a good deal

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the very late update. 

I bought the case the same day and moved everything into the new case the next day. 

Everything went well and it's working well. The case also came with a 450w power supply, which made the case a great buy for £10. 

The new case also looks quite better than my old case. 

My GPU in my old case used to hit 80c but this case happily sits it at the 60's. 

image.thumb.png.652436df3aed1902c37e234f18276c6e.png

Thanks for the support and I am happy everything is working good. 

My computer has i5 2320, 8GB RAM, GTX 1050 ti, an older motherboard, 240GB Kingston SSD and 1TB HDD. 

(I'm sorry if cable management, English or the way I have presented this was not the best)

Thanks to @LukeSavenije @PopsicleHustler @TVwazhere and @elin13 

6 minutes ago, afaq0 said:

The case also came with a 450w power supply

that one in the first picture? that one is 200 at best

this is why i'm not a fan of psu case combo's, because the psu can be pretty bad

tho it looks nice, for sure with some zipties

Edited by LukeSavenije

@LukeSavenije Sorry for the confusion. The first picture is my old case with my old psu, which is like 230w. The second picture is my new case with my new psu. 

10 minutes ago, afaq0 said:

@LukeSavenije Sorry for the confusion. The first picture is my old case with my old psu, which is like 230w. The second picture is my new case with my new psu. 

ah, still my trust is a bit... mixed

got a closer shot of it?