My Pc is weird with my router

DinhanhGamer

I just got a new router, before that, I didn't even use the old router to connect to my pc, I used the modem. now I just got a new asus router, and I decided to connect the pc to the router via ethernet cable. When I plugged it in, I got no signal and the router says that nothing is connected too. I grabbed my laptop and connect it to the router using the ethernet cable, and there was signal! how do I fix this? my motherboard is an asus rog maximus xi code

15 minutes ago, reapersivan said:

Have you fully set up your router so that other devices connect?

I did the setup wizard thing, and everything devices can connect to wifi, my pc can not connect via ethernet but the other laptops can.

7 minutes ago, DinhanhGamer said:

I did the setup wizard thing, and everything devices can connect to wifi, my pc can not connect via ethernet but the other laptops can.

does your PC try to connect whatsoever? as in does it know it is plugged in and just says "no connection"

Just now, reapersivan said:

does your PC try to connect whatsoever? as in does it know it is plugged in and just says "no connection"

there is no signal at all, the pc doesn't even recognize it.

Just now, DinhanhGamer said:

there is no signal at all, the pc doesn't even recognize it.

it somehow still works when connected to the modem

1 minute ago, DinhanhGamer said:

it somehow still works when connected to the modem

it would work due to it being a direct connection to the internet source. Have you tried any different port from the router? Perhaps you might even have driver issues

2 minutes ago, reapersivan said:

it would work due to it being a direct connection to the internet source. Have you tried any different port from the router? Perhaps you might even have driver issues

I've tried all of the ports and none of them worked. When I tried with the laptop, it works perfectly :/. My PC can somehow connect perfectly to the modem but not with the router