Help me find the right laptop

I want to buy a laptop. I'm in highschool still and I take a class called biomed and with that "advanced" class we are put in college classes too. This semester we have college biology. For both classes 90% of the work is online. In biomed we are there for 2.5 hrs and we have laptops to do the work, but the laptops stay there. Biology the work is assigned online to do at home. In April I'm gone every other day because of ag. I live in Oklahoma and we do competitive speeches. We drive all over Oklahoma for hours of driving and sometimes staying the night at hotels. I want a laptop so I can do school work while in the car. But also I want to be able to play games and watch movies with my friends while in the car. So I plan on playing games like Brawlhala, Mortal Kombat X, Injustice 2, and stick fight the game. None are very demanding. I'm will to spend about $1,000-$1,350ish. I get conflicted I don't know if I want an all out gaming laptop so that I can play other more demanding games. I don't know if I want a 4k screen for great picture quality for download vudu movies or a 1080p ips screen that is brighter, has better viewing angles and will maybe work better in the car. The two laptops I'm currently looking at are: OMEN by HP 17-inch Gaming Laptop w/ 144Hz Anti-Glare G-Sync Display, i7-8750H, GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB, 16GB 2666MHz RAM, 1TB HDD & 128 GB PCIE SSD, Windows 10 Home (17-an120nr, Black), Metal

And: 2018 Dell Inspiron 7000 15.6" 4K UHD Matte Display Gaming Laptop | Intel i7-7700HQ Quad-Core | 16G DDR4 RAM | 512GB M.2SSD+1TB HDD | NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5| Backlit Keyboard | Windows 10 home

Now I prefer the look of the Dell and I plan to get a battery pack, but idk which I should get or maybe even a 2 in 1 that has like a 1050ti. I have no clue how much I will actually game on it, I have a gaming PC and I'm at home a lot. So if anybody can help me out that would be nice.

those laptops are probably a bit overkill for playing those games, especially if you say you have a gaming pc already at home, and it could potentially be worse for battery life

if youre set on the dell and you have the money you can always go that route, you would of course have better battery life and performance if you went with 1080p (you can always just turn down resolution if you need more anyway), and not all movies are in 4k, however it would be more future proof than a less powerful lower resolution laptop or 2 in 1 that you mentioned

CPU: i5-4690k @ 4.4 GHz | RAM: 12GB DDR3 1333MHz | GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 580 4GB 

Yeah I mean I would be more than happy to play a game like the Witcher 3 while out and about, but has anyone tried something like this? Will the hp be too hard to use in a car, I have a place for it to set? I think the hp may be better even though it's cumbersome I think I can handle it, my only gripe is the look I don't want something that looks so aggressive. The Dell is more subtle, but it doesn't have gsync.

Where are you from? Any preference on weight and battery life?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

4 minutes ago, GeneXiS_X said:

No preference on weight just comfortable enough to use on lap and the battery should last longer than 4hrs

4 minutes ago, Archer3545 said:

No preference on weight just comfortable enough to use on lap and the battery should last longer than 4hrs

Please answer:

10 minutes ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

2060:

Eluktronics Mech-17 G1R (TongFang GK7CP0S) - <4hrs battery life

Eluktronics Mech-15 G2 (TongFang GK5CP0Z) - <4hrs battery life

Clevo NH70EDQ (EVOC from HIDevolution) - no reviews

Clevo NH50ED (EVOC from HIDevolution) - no reviews

1060:

HP Omen 17-an120nr / customize

Eluktronics Mech-17 G1R (TongFang GK7CN6S) - <4hrs battery life

MSI GP63/GP73

Eluktronics Mech-15 G2 / CyberpowerPC Tracer III 15 Slim VR / EVOC 16GK5-1060 (TongFang GK5CN6Z) - <4hrs battery life

Asus GL703GM

HP Omen 15 dc customize

AW m15 - be aware of CPU heatsink issue

Lenovo Legion Y530 with 300 nits IPS

Dell G7 7588 / G5 5587 - low sRGB FHD IPS

Desktop specs:

Spoiler