(New to desktops and can't build one) need help

FallenAngelTG

Here's the PC specs:

https://www.amazon.com/CYBERPOWERPC-Xtreme-GXiVR8060A5-i5-8400-GeForce/dp/B0757DVF4Z/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

I plan to do some upgrades like going from 8 to 16 RAM upgrading the Intel Processor to i7 8700K and upgrading the graphics card I just want to know if this is a decent price as I am new and am unable to build one myself (These upgrades are for a little later except the RAM as we are tight on money aka can't spend over $1000 as we are trying to move out of our house.

If you're going to upgrade a bunch of the parts, what's stopping you from building?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, fasauceome said:

If you're going to upgrade a bunch of the parts, what's stopping you from building?

Well I'm gonna have experts install the parts or my dad I am too scared to build it bc If I fail I'd be wasting my parents money and the cables confuse me badly I just wanna know with what it has is it decent?

Just now, FallenAngelTG said:

Well I'm gonna have experts install the parts or my dad I am too scared to build it bc If I fail I'd be wasting my parents money and the cables confuse me badly I just wanna know with what it has is it decent?

Not a terrible deal, but there's really nothing to be afraid of, and the real waste of money is paying someone to insert a CPU.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

Not a terrible deal, but there's really nothing to be afraid of, and the real waste of money is paying someone to insert a CPU.

I see thanks for the help I was just abit concerned bc my friend said smth abt like discharge the voltage in your system before touching the computer parts and I wasn't sure what he meant and he said ALWAYS repaste a newly paid for CPU

I am still learning a lot and I thought to join a tech forum like Linus's bc alot of the people on here seem really nice and helpful and Linus has helped me learn a lot aswell

keep in mind a lot of local hardware shops and retailers can build PC's too for a small fee

just so you know

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

keep in mind a lot of local hardware shops and retailers can build PC's too for a small fee

just so you know

I actually didn't know that if you have some links I'll check them out

Just now, FallenAngelTG said:

I actually didn't know that if you have some links I'll check them out

you can ask local hardware shops or repair shops, but I'm not that familiar who does and doesn't in the us

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

you can ask local hardware shops or repair shops, but I'm not that familiar who does and doesn't in the us

I see I think I will stick with the one I listed and if it starts to have issues I'll look into the other options or upgrade parts with my dad's help

(If curious I am 17)

Building PC is too easy compared to 90s. basically only 1 slot will fit the parts, as for the cables for first time builders will sure be ugly. but it wont affect performance. . 

I was the same as you, fearful oh killing £1000 worth of parts.

i did a terrible build, couldn’t get the RAM in, cluelessly bungled through the CPU installation and had to use way too much force to get the cooler on.

You know what? Just touching a plugged in but not turned on PSU, working on a wooden bench and standing on old newspaper instead of carpet (or take your socks off) is more than enough to protect your components.

My cable management turned out better than I thought and my PC is running stable 6 months later.

If you never conquer your fears you are their slave for life.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

9 minutes ago, FallenAngelTG said:

I see I think I will stick with the one I listed and if it starts to have issues I'll look into the other options or upgrade parts with my dad's help

(If curious I am 17)

i think you should look around for a rx580 machine, but it's your choise in the end

(if you're curious, I'm too)

8 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

Building PC is too easy compared to 90s. basically only 1 slot will fit the parts, as for the cables for first time builders will sure be ugly. but it wont affect performance. . 

Maybe I'll try when I'm older or when I understand every a lot more or when I have my own budget

6 minutes ago, NineEyeRon said:

I was the same as you, fearful oh killing £1000 worth of parts.

i did a terrible build, couldn’t get the RAM in, cluelessly bungled through the CPU installation and had to use way too much force to get the cooler on.

You know what? Just touching a plugged in but not turned on PSU, working on a wooden bench and standing on old newspaper instead of carpet (or take your socks off) is more than enough to protect your components.

My cable management turned out better than I thought and my PC is running stable 6 months later.

If you never conquer your fears you are their slave for life.

Dang well I do want to do a build just when I'm older so I'm using my own money to experiment and not wasting my parents money since they won't really understand why I need the parts and stuff but that's good happy you conquered it I do hope to conquer mine in a few years or so just right now I want to start with a pre-built one so I have no monitor keyboard or even a mouse and I will try to install some of the parts with the help of my dad or a friend maybe but we will have to see :)

1 minute ago, FallenAngelTG said:

Maybe I'll try when I'm older or when I understand every a lot more or when I have my own budget

you may start by buying some budget/ low end parts (to reduce max damage.) my experience with prebuilds are the only core specs are good, but cheap brands

on mobo/ gpu /psu etc

Just now, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

you may start by buying some budget/ low end parts (to reduce max damage.) my experience with prebuilds are the only core specs are good, but cheap brands

on mobo/ gpu /psu etc

Noted thanks for the help didn't think the community was this welcoming I was expecting some sort of toxicity but I am happy I was wrong ❤️

1 hour ago, FallenAngelTG said:

I built my first computer when I was 8 years old.

It was a decent PC, with a older Pentium inside it.

But the key point was that I was 8.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

14 minutes ago, LienusLateTips said:

I was 33... I had been upgrading components for about 12 years prior but never built.

Having done it I am glad I did and I realised my fears were not rooted in reality but in my perception of it.

If you run into issues don’t panic, step back and take time to look up the answer.

I fully intend to get about £200-£300 of kit for my kids 6-10th birthday (whenever he is ready) and get him to build his own PC, if he is into it anywayZ

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

33 minutes ago, LienusLateTips said:

Haha I feel you but another issue is our family can only afford a pre built bc we are not in the best money spot the only reason even getting that is possible is because of taxes I know most pre built are actually worth more then building it yourself but once I have my own budget I will try to make one (doing my GED to graduate a little early then gonna get a job and get my license)

Haha I feel you but another issue is our family can only afford a pre built bc we are not in the best money spot the only reason even getting that is possible is because of taxes I know most pre built are actually worth more then building it yourself but once I have my own budget I will try to make one (doing my GED to graduate a little early then gonna get a job and get my license)

Pre builts usually tack on 100-200 USD on top of the price of the computer.

I'll send over a list for about $800 computer later, as I'm on mobile.

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Just now, LienusLateTips said:

Pre builts usually tack on 100-200 USD on top of the price of the computer.

I'll send over a list for about $800 computer later, as I'm on mobile.

Same and okay will take a look!

18 hours ago, FallenAngelTG said:

Same and okay will take a look!

Here's a Ryzen 2600 build with RTX 2060.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($164.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($79.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Patriot - Viper 4 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($58.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: Inland - 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB XC GAMING Video Card  ($339.99 @ B&H)
Case: Cooler Master - MasterBox Q300L MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($39.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $763.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-19 22:35 EST-0500

The RTX 2060 will have performance between the GTX 1070 and GTX 1070 Ti. The CPU is every so slightly worse than the i5-8400, but it's a lot cheaper in store.

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Delta - Laptop

1 hour ago, LienusLateTips said:

Here's a Ryzen 2600 build with RTX 2060.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($164.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($79.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Patriot - Viper 4 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($58.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: Inland - 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB XC GAMING Video Card  ($339.99 @ B&H)
Case: Cooler Master - MasterBox Q300L MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($39.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $763.92
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-19 22:35 EST-0500

The RTX 2060 will have performance between the GTX 1070 and GTX 1070 Ti. The CPU is every so slightly worse than the i5-8400, but it's a lot cheaper in store.

Thanks I'll take a look Into this as I need to ask my mom and dad cause I need a mouse and keyboard aswell may need a new headset too bc my headset is dying out and again I don't wanna break anything haha (because still learning a lot every day) if I have a more flexible budget then I think I will probs get a better Processor if I do decide to build it

Thanks I'll take a look Into this as I need to ask my mom and dad cause I need a mouse and keyboard aswell may need a new headset too bc my headset is dying out and again I don't wanna break anything haha (because still learning a lot every day) if I have a more flexible budget then I think I will probs get a better Processor if I do decide to build it

If I can build with only the Internet's help when I was 8, you can too.

If you send over a budget I'll make a build with headset and everything.

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Delta - Laptop

6 minutes ago, LienusLateTips said:

If I can build with only the Internet's help when I was 8, you can too.

If you send over a budget I'll make a build with headset and everything.

Once I know the budget I can dm you it if you'd like