Freezes and Crashes

LuckyCla

My computer has been crashing, freezing, restarting automatically (just windows, not the whole pc), and the desktop icons arent arranged when i boot.

So aboat a week ago, my pc started acting weird. I was watching youtube and playing roblox causally, when my pc suddenly blue screened, giving me the error: THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. Throughout the week my pc continued to do this 2 or 3 times a day. After it bluescreened twice, I got my first freeze. The screen froze completely and I could not do anything. I restarted the pc and it was fine. Then another bluescreen happened a few days later. The error it gave me was KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. I googled all of my errors, and I was finally lead to go into safe mode and update my internet driver. I did, and it stopped restarting and bluescreening. Also at some point in this time I had set the "automatically restart" option to disabled, so it shouldn't restart anymore. I wanted to play fortnite or apex legends one day (i forgot which one), and I got up to get a drink white it was loading. When I came back, the screen was on the lock screen, which meant it had restarted yet again. I believe this is when I disabled the option to auto restart. After that I went to investigate and now we are here. I did a memory test to check for faulty memory, and there were no errors. I woke up the next morning to play apex legends, and when I went to launch it, the PC just froze. I have tried to launch fortnite and apex several times since then and still no luck. I also installed malwarebytes to check for viruses, which made my pc get EVEN slower smh. This is an almost $1000 build so I shouldn't be experiencing this. Also, whenever I restart my computer, (like a full restart where it SAVES everything), it always moves my icons on my desktop to a place where there is an empty square in the bottom left corner of my desktop.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

no im not clean installing unless its the only option

EDIT: I know how to clean install btw. my windows rn is a clean install. I even moved it from a hard drive to an SSD. c;

What is your build?

does it happen only with games or also with normal use ?

what are you’re temps like?

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

My build is a ASUS Z77 board, i7-3770, 500gb ssd, 500gb hard drive, 8gb ddr3, gtx 1070, corsair something psw but that probably doesnt matter.

It happens anytime but it will 100% happen if I launch a game that runs on Easy Anti Cheat such as fortnite and apex legends which are my favs :c

What temps?

1 minute ago, LuckyCla said:

My build is a ASUS Z77 board, i7-3770, 500gb ssd, 500gb hard drive, 8gb ddr3, gtx 1070, corsair something psw but that probably doesnt matter.

It happens anytime but it will 100% happen if I launch a game that runs on Easy Anti Cheat such as fortnite and apex legends which are my favs :c

What temps?

Temperatures of your system. You can use HWmonitor to see those :).

what model Corsair PSU (wattage etc) do you have? As apparently under load you have the issue and of reboots/bsod 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

cx550m 500 watts but it just started this ive had the psu for 2+ months

i uninstalled hwmonitor but I checked the other day and it was all at normal temp except for a thing on the board called timpin8 i think. I will reinstall it to check agaiin.

also appdata\local\temp is corrupted and I cannot delete it so I can't reinstall hwmonitor. If the temp file is the problem with all my programs that won't launch, then that would make sense.

I thought about it and this seems right. I think this is the issue because I stumbled upon a forum that said: "

For windows 7, I keep getting messages saying that appdata local temp folder is corrupt. dskchk will not repair and system restore fails  dskchk on reboot hangs.  Everything else seems normal other than programs that depend on the temp folder.  Can't restore prior version of temp folder.

Thanks to anyone with suggestions.

This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread.

Windows
Answer

I found a solution.  Go to All Programs from start menu and go to Maintenance. Select create a system repair disc (you will create a DVD).  Boot off the DVD and you will have several recovery options. Select fix on start up and an attempt to repair disc will begin.  It may take a while (an hour or two), but it will tell you when it is finished.  The rest is obvious and the problem goes away.  I suggest cleaning up the temp file once you can access it.  I think you will want to create an OS image recovery disc after this.  I wish I had done that to start with. Windows 7 is solid."