7770??

Pelop17

Best price to performance in the (77xx) low end. It will be fine.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

If you're asking if it's still relevant, yes. But not for ultra settings or anything beyond 1080p

Are you asking because you're planning on buying one...new?

8320 @ 4.3ghz l Gigabyte 970a Ud3 l Hyper 212 Evo l R9 290 l 8gb RAM 1866 Vengeance l 1tb WD Black l 120gb Samsung Evo SSD l HX750 Gold PSU l 500d Arctic Case l Windows 8 OS l K65 and Blackwidow Keyboard l M65 and DeathAdder 2013 l Qck Steelseries l 24in Vizio Monitor 1080p

yes but it always depends what kind of games you will be playing

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

Usually, spending cupple more tenners results in much better performance. The bang/buck is peak is in the 150$ region ( 7870, 270 )

But if you have limited budget, then its a good buy at lower than 100$ Its good overclocker also.

Whats your budget, where do you buy?

If you're asking if it's still relevant, yes. But not for ultra settings or anything beyond 1080p

Are you asking because you're planning on buying one...new?

Usually, spending cupple more tenners results in much better performance. The bang/buck is peak is in the 150$ region ( 7870, 270 )

But if you have limited budget, then its a good buy at lower than 100$ Its good overclocker also.

i am planning to do a budget mining rig . I am thinking of buying one cause from the reviews i read they say is a beast. They saw it need up to 150 w of power!

Should  i buy one?

i am planning to do a budget mining rig . I am thinking of buying one cause from the reviews i read they say is a beast. They saw it need up to 150 w of power!

Should  i buy one?

nah. 7770 ain't that great for mining,

nah. 7770 ain't that great for mining,

sorry i will not do a mining rig!!

Is this a beast card for gaming. I will be playing games like titanfall the division and other?

sorry i will not do a mining rig!!

Is this a beast card for gaming. I will be playing games like titanfall the division and other?

The hell no that card isn't a beast. It's low end stuff. It may be a good card for the money but if you have anything else then a single 1080p (or lower) and you aren't fine playing a medium or sometimes even low settings then that card isn't for you.

Sorry, but the 7870 retails for a lot more than 150.

The hell no that card isn't a beast. It's low end stuff. It may be a good card for the money but if you have anything else then a single 1080p (or lower) and you aren't fine playing a medium or sometimes even low settings then that card isn't for you.

So is a medium card for low setting i will not be playing on 4k hell not

So is a medium card for low setting i will not be playing on 4k hell not

low settings in stuff like star citizen. bf4 will do high settings at 40 fps. 

Sorry, but the 7870 retails for a lot more than 150.

You are right. Sometimes it goes for 150, 270 is for 180$ :/. Usually rebates and stuff. Right now there are not many left unfortunatelly, and even gtx 660 are in stock and lower price :/

I guess 7790(260x) or 7850 is better deal

You are right. Sometimes it goes for 150, 270 is for 180$ :/. Usually rebates and stuff. Right now there are not many left unfortunatelly, and even gtx 660 are in stock and lower price :/

I guess 7790(260x) or 7850 is better deal

ok thanks

Is the asus hd 7770 good for gaming?

In the time before 3/4gb GPUs, yeah it was a viable solution for gaming....ran two in crossfire for a while and got good performance.  But alas, like everything, its time came and went.  Go with a 2gb card minimum, and yeah Asus manufactured a 2gb 7770 but with a 128 bit rate. Either go for the 270, 270x, or a Nvidia flavor....generally these are at a 256 bit rate and like my 270xs, do a great job

Case: Silverstone SG09B Motherboard: MSI Z10 Morter M-ATX CPU: I5-6600K  Ram: Corsair LP 2400 DD4 16GB GPU: MSI RX 480 Storage: Seagate HDD Baracuda 2TB x2, Crucial M200 500GB SSD X2 (Raid 0)PSU: Silverstone Strider Gold 1000W w/PP05E Kit

"When to say :blink: WTF :blink: ....$2K rig only used for Minesweeper and Internet Checkers marathons...."

Back in the day, the was some-what a "Beast" card, as the price was low and the performance as pretty damn good for Medium-High settings at 1920x1080. Now...not to much.

According to reviews and AMD, the HD 7770 had a TDP of 100W, but a typical gaming you were looking at ~80W. That was another good selling point - relatively low power consumption.

How much are you buying the Radeon HD 7770 for?

If the price is not much less than a R7-260X or R9-270 / R9-270X, get one of those instead.

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>