Pc won't boot past bios after upgrading cpu.

Hiya.

So just yesterday I've upgraded CPU's from a G4560 to an i5 6600k (which my mobo supports both gens.)

Initially upon startup I'd be stuck on the bios splash screen frozen and absolutely nothing would happen my keyboard would be completely unresponsive not allowing me to even enter the bios. I attempted to revert to my old CPU to see if it would boot to windows but I would again encounter the same issue. 

I've tried various troubleshooting such as removing the ram gpu and all other hardware to make sure everything was connected appropriately to see if it would make any impact which it did not.

So I've now tried resetting cmos (using the paperclip method as my motherboard B250M PRO VD does not have a cmos jumper.) Since resetting cmos I believe I've made some progress where my pc will now allow me to boot into the bios on the first startup where my mouse and keyboard are now also responsive. However when I attempt to reboot I again encounter the frozen bios splash screen but upon resetting the cmos I am able to reach the bios again. 

Now I'm completely struck on what I need to do inorder to get my pc booting successfully to windows. The only ideas I've come up with is whether it might now be a harddrive issue and the fact I have 2 WD harddrives installed. Or that I need to update the bios. Id just like some advice on what to do inorder to get to windows as I'm a tad scared of completely screwing everything up ?? thanks. 

2 minutes ago, JakobH said:

Hiya.

So just yesterday I've upgraded CPU's from a G4560 to an i5 6600k (which my mobo supports both gens.)

Initially upon startup I'd be stuck on the bios splash screen frozen and absolutely nothing would happen my keyboard would be completely unresponsive not allowing me to even enter the bios. I attempted to revert to my old CPU to see if it would boot to windows but I would again encounter the same issue. 

I've tried various troubleshooting such as removing the ram gpu and all other hardware to make sure everything was connected appropriately to see if it would make any impact which it did not.

So I've now tried resetting cmos (using the paperclip method as my motherboard B250M PRO VD does not have a cmos jumper.) Since resetting cmos I believe I've made some progress where my pc will now allow me to boot into the bios on the first startup where my mouse and keyboard are now also responsive. However when I attempt to reboot I again encounter the frozen bios splash screen but upon resetting the cmos I am able to reach the bios again. 

Now I'm completely struck on what I need to do inorder to get my pc booting successfully to windows. The only ideas I've come up with is whether it might now be a harddrive issue and the fact I have 2 WD harddrives installed. Or that I need to update the bios. Id just like some advice on what to do inorder to get to windows as I'm a tad scared of completely screwing everything up ?? thanks. 

You might need to flash your BIOS to get full compatibility with the new CPU.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

are you booting to the correct hard drive?  the computer may be trying to boot to the wrong drive thus getting confused.

21 minutes ago, ELSknutson said:

are you booting to the correct hard drive?  the computer may be trying to boot to the wrong drive thus getting confused.

Yes I attempted to boot with the harddrive with the OS installed and I would encounter the same issues 

27 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

You might need to flash your BIOS to get full compatibility with the new CPU.

How do you go about flashing the bios?

Did you check your CPU socket for bent pins?

That is my guess as you said that it does work with old CPU either.

9 minutes ago, ELSknutson said:

5 minutes ago, Rusted said:

Did you check your CPU socket for bent pins?

That is my guess as you said that it does work with old CPU either.

Yeah and I don't believe I've bent any of the socket pins

51 minutes ago, JakobH said:

How do you go about flashing the bios?

Go to your motherboards site and choose support or downloads.  Find your proper motherboard drivers and along with that you will see BIOS updates.  You need to copy the latest BIOS of your motherboard to USB stick.  Then go to your BIOS and in there you will find flashing BIOS option.  Run it won't take that long... Let it do its thing then boot into windows and hopefully your issue is resolved.

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

Definitely try flashing your bios first before anything else I would recommend. Remember when resetting the cmos its important to note everything should be unplugged from the tower including any usb's or monitor's before the reset.

Intel Core i7 9700F / Cooler Master 212 Evo / GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER / 16 GB G.SKILL RAM @ 2666MHz / GA-B365M-DS3H / EVGA 500w PSU

HP Pavilion Gaming 15 / Ryzen 5 4600H / GeForce GTX 1050 / 8 GB @ 3200MHz

24 minutes ago, Brent744 said:

Definitely try flashing your bios first before anything else I would recommend. Remember when resetting the cmos its important to note everything should be unplugged from the tower including any usb's or monitor's before the reset.

Yeah i did unplug everything on reset. I'm just completely struck as to why nothing is working. If I update the bios and that doesn't work...is it wise I send it in for repairs?

Microsoft actually recommends a complete reinstall of Windows following a CPU swap. So after you flash bios to latest version and it still does not work, I recommend a complete reinstall of the OS. Your machine boots into the bios fine, so its likely not a hardware issue.

Intel Core i7 9700F / Cooler Master 212 Evo / GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER / 16 GB G.SKILL RAM @ 2666MHz / GA-B365M-DS3H / EVGA 500w PSU

HP Pavilion Gaming 15 / Ryzen 5 4600H / GeForce GTX 1050 / 8 GB @ 3200MHz

On 2/13/2019 at 6:40 PM, Brent744 said:

Microsoft actually recommends a complete reinstall of Windows following a CPU swap. So after you flash bios to latest version and it still does not work, I recommend a complete reinstall of the OS. Your machine boots into the bios fine, so its likely not a hardware issue.

On that note I booted with a different harddrive and it worked absolutely fine shame it's only my dad's old 32 bit windows os ???