most people prefer to play games in 1080p or 1440p?

benjaminr

what do you believe  that most people play games in 108p or 1440p?also do  you believe that 1440p is more expensive?i mean that  every 1 and 2  years  you have to upgrade in gpus?

3 minutes ago, benjaminr said:

what do you believe  that most people play games in 108p or 1440p?also do  you believe that 1440p is more expensive?i mean that  every 1 and 2  years  you have to upgrade in gpus?

1080p60-144 is the most common, 1440p144 would be more expensive, as I've even considered upgrading my GTX 1080 because I cant reach 144fps in every game.. Such as Apex Legends (Unless I use minimum settings which is disgusting)

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

I feel that 1440p  144hz  IPS is what people rather play on  but  due to cost most people go 1080 144hz  TN due to price and going off of what @Dissitesuxba11s linked that is the case.  Honestly this is a personal choice though if you are a fast pace shooter type and are on a budget you might go with a smaller panel with higher refresh rates to max out your ability's.  But if you are someone who like builder games or Sim games you might want a bigger panel that looks nicer but with a lower refresh rate. 

Personalty I wanted an IPS panel that  was as big as my budget would allow  which at the time was 32in  but it its only 60hz which is fine to me because I suck at first person shooter and prefer to play Minecraft, City Skylines and games like that instead.  So get the best monitor that your budget allows and that fits the games you like tot play. 

Less to do with preference, more so necessity.

Either a person wont have a powerfull enough rig to push a higher res, so they 'choose' a 1080p screen, or they already have a screen and have no real reason to change it. By which i mean if ur using  1080p screen for the past 5 years and its still goign strong, there realy isnt a reason to buy a new one, especialy since most people could better spend that money on an upgrade to their PC.

I for example run 1080p. Not out of choice, but necessity.

Its a 1080p Plasma, if i could get a 4k Plasma i would, but i cant. I wont touch LCD, and OLED is to big.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |