VEGA 64 FOR $250. GOOD DEAL?

Zenith.Nate

So I am buying in a few hours a VEGA 64 AIRBOOST Graphics card, used for $250. Good deal?

What is your current setup?

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

Well I got three different ones, I have currently a i5-7400 @ 3.5ghz, 16gb of ddr4 3200mhz, and gtx 1070 8gb

I am going to buy a i5-8600k today, delid it, put thermal grizzly on it, put a watercooler on it and put it at 5ghz, 16gb of trident z 3600mhz ram, and then I was gonna add the vega 64 air boost edition to it.

As long as the card is legitimate and in working condition, then yes it's a good deal. Brand new would be at least $400 going off newegg prices for the card. You're buying in person? Test it before you buy it.
That blower style cooler is going to suck though... Err, wait...

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

As long as the card is legitimate and in working condition, then yes it's a good deal. Brand new would be at least $400 going off newegg prices for the card. You're buying in person? Test it before you buy it.
That blower style cooler is going to suck though... Err, wait...

Yeah, I have a battery pack in my car I was going to bring my rig and test it in the car, lol. But I have a thermaltake X9 Snow case its HUGEEE And I have 4 240mm fans + 8 120mm fans so cooling is no problem

2 minutes ago, Zenith.Nate said:

Yeah, I have a battery pack in my car I was going to bring my rig and test it in the car, lol. But I have a thermaltake X9 Snow case its HUGEEE And I have 4 240mm fans + 8 120mm fans so cooling is no problem

Eh, the problem isn't with the cases cooling capacity, but rather that blower style cards will tend to run hot. If anything, having a big case with lots of cooling is less reason to by a blower style card. Blower style cards have some benefit in really tight, confined cases where they expel the hot air the GPU produces directly outside of the case as opposed to recirculating the air back in to the case. For a large, open case with lots of airflow you would be better with an open air cooler.

But, again... $250 for a Vega64 is hard to pass up if you're less concerned about thermals or fan noise.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

2 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Eh, the problem isn't with the cases cooling capacity, but rather that blower style cards will tend to run hot. If anything, having a big case with lots of cooling is less reason to by a blower style card. Blower style cards have some benefit in really tight, confined cases where they expel the hot air the GPU produces directly outside of the case as opposed to recirculating the air back in to the case. For a large, open case with lots of airflow you would be better with an open air cooler.

But, again... $250 for a Vega64 is hard to pass up if you're less concerned about thermals or fan noise.

Yeah Noise isn't an issue, and if it performs well I will buy a waterblock for it. or a artic cooling cooler

CAN SOMEONE SHOW ME WHERE TO BUY A GOOD PRICED VEGA 64 WATER COOLER?

You can go on EKWB website, they have waterblocks for every cards (or almost), they sure have for a lot of vega 64, it certain if it is the reference pcb (I do not know if AMD gpus have custom pcbs sometimes)

EDIT: here it is https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/step1_complist you can see for yourself, but of course they must be cheaper waterblocks, and then you need radiator and pump so it'll not be a cheap upgrade :)

I think this is seet for vega (and compatible) https://www.raijintek.com/en/products_detail.php?ProductID=46

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.