In search of the best laptop/ultrabook under $1000

Hi there, guys! :D

It's been a while since I've been looking for an upgrade. I haven't really paid close attention to the changes in tech industry for the past year and a lot has changed, I'm having trouble keeping up.

That's why, since my Samsung laptop broke, I wanted to ask you for some advice.

I need to pick a new laptop, but:

• it's mainly going to be used for web development by me and light use by my mother
  • I'm not interested in gaming anymore, so I'd go as far as to say it can be bad at it - CPU is more important to me
  • I'm not sure what to do with storage since I'd love to try that M.2 goodness hands on and I want the laptop to run as fast as it's physically possible, but I do have a 240GB SataIII SSD from the previous laptop with all the data. If the laptop that you find has less than 240GB of ordinary SSD storage, then I'd simply replace them. Otherwise, I think I'd copy all the necessary data
  • I don't think I need more than 8GB of RAM, but if the laptop had a free DDR3L slot or two then I could add another 8GB from my previous machine
  • it has to be under $1000, I'm not rich yet and I don't need a lot horsepower
  • what I need though is a sharp display, touch-enabled if possible
  • I'm looking more fondly at ultrabook segment/class rather than ordinary, thin laptops
  • I'm not against MacOS

So TL;DR - I need the best ultrabook for less than a grand. Will you help me out?

Thanks in advance! :D

https://www.amazon.com/Huawei-Matebook-Signature-Edn-Laptop/dp/B07MK3SP9R/ref=sr_1_1?crid=306GERRQGPRGG&keywords=huawei%2Bmatebook%2B13&qid=1549988355&s=gateway&sprefix=huawei%2BMatebook%2B%2Caps%2C256&sr=8-1&th=1

should be roughly the best you can get. 

its a slight stepdown from the X Pro, but it is more or less the same device. sadly no expansion slot for ddr3, but you get the 3:2 screen from the surface laptop (afaik). touch and all. 

Any links of online stores? Any preference on weight and battery life?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128