CPU for Adobe Creative Suite and light gaming?

I'm looking to build my own PC, mostly for use with Adobe CS6 for applications such as Flash, Premiere, Illustrator, Photoshop and such. I've been doing some research and am trying to decide whether it would be better to get an AMD Ryzen (probably Threadripper 1920X) or an Intel i7-8700K. From what I've seen the Intel is better at handling single threaded work loads and has hyperthreading, while the Threadripper comes with more cores/threads which is helpful for running multiple applications at once. My question is would I benefit more from having the extra cores and threads on the AMD side or the stronger single thread support and hyperthreading on the Intel side? The PC will mostly be used for work but would like to run fairly simple games during off times. I'm also open to other suggestions such as if you think a Ryzen 7, or Intel i5 would be sufficient and let me know if something I've said is false. Thanks in advance! 

Adobe favors Intel mostly.

AMD has Hyperthreading, but they cant use Intels marketing term for it.  And its better than Intels implementation.

So you would recommend going with Intel strictly because of the Adobe advantage but overall think AMD is better?

Just now, CinosStarspear said:

So you would recommend going with Intel strictly because of the Adobe advantage but overall think AMD is better?

For video rendering HEDT AMD leads.  For everything else, a higher clocked i9 9900k can usually do better.

12 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

Adobe favors Intel mostly.

AMD has Hyperthreading, but they cant use Intels marketing term for it.  And its better than Intels implementation.

Not quite. Adobe favors Apple; it's just less broken on Intel.

I wish that was a joke.

I would go for intel i7 because it much faster in rendering than the ryzen but if you would want extra core/threads and open more apps take a ryzen and both are great for gaming ethier way intel is far better choice

1 minute ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Not quite. Adobe favors Apple; it's just less broken on Intel.

I wish that was a joke.

I know.  The crashes and other problems are real.

7 hours ago, CinosStarspear said:

If you're using Adobe but not spending hours waiting on Video Encodes, go with the 8700k. Puget Systems has done some great testing, and Adobe mostly favors clockspeeds.

A used 1070 or 1080 would also be my suggestion for getting the most out of any CUDA acceleration.

7 hours ago, Alketbi67 said:

I would go for intel i7 because it much faster in rendering than the ryzen but if you would want extra core/threads and open more apps take a ryzen and both are great for gaming ethier way intel is far better choice

Rendering is a "more cores is better" task. The QuickStep acceleration only works in a few contexts and *at the cost of quality*. Intel's Desktop CPUs are the best choice because of their single-core clock speeds. Intel's HEDT are normally a bad choice because they're slower than the Desktop parts.

7 hours ago, KarathKasun said:

I know.  The crashes and other problems are real.

I've been making a version of this observation for far too long. RIP Macromedia.

Emmmm……more cores gets benefit to the video encoding like H.264 or H.265,if you using adobe AE/PR more than PS,go for more cores,and gaming,if your game baesd on DX11,8700k/9700k/9900k is a better option,DX12?doesn't matter want kind of CPU for you, do both?maybe consider about 9900k,and……don't forget to pick a high performance card like 2080/2080ti because cuda is more effective than openCL,and memory,more is better,oh,don't forget at least 240mm AIO or a tower radiator,but,if you want to save some budget,2700x is a option