Opinions on build for friend

My friend asked me to help build his first PC (I built two before) and pick the parts for him. He wants to be around the 800 to 900 euro mark, purely for the PC. I had this in mind:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
  • MB: MSI B450 Tomahawk
  • Mem.: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3000
  • GPU: RX 580 or 590

When I add a proper power supply and storage etc. I end up at about 920 euros. However, my friend explicitly wants to run Planet Coaster well, which is infamous for being CPU bottlenecked when stuff starts happening.

Therefore I'm wondering whether or not the CPU is good enough, or maybe I should upgrade that one. Problem being I'm already kinda high on the budget and he wants to buy a VR headset so I can't really downgrade the GPU.

Thanks in advance!!

4 minutes ago, JasperJ said:

My friend asked me to help build his first PC (I built two before) and pick the parts for him. He wants to be around the 800 to 900 euro mark, purely for the PC. I had this in mind:

When I add a proper power supply and storage etc. I end up at about 920 euros. However, my friend explicitly wants to run Planet Coaster well, which is infamous for being CPU bottlenecked when stuff starts happening.

Therefore I'm wondering whether or not the CPU is good enough, or maybe I should upgrade that one. Problem being I'm already kinda high on the budget and he wants to buy a VR headset so I can't really downgrade the GPU.

Thanks in advance!!

Great build go for it bro

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

4 minutes ago, JasperJ said:

Thanks in advance!!

don't forget to oc the ram to run it @ 3000 mhz

there should be a pre setting to do that :P cheers man

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync