Need some help, silence and aesthetics

SilentHopes

Hey, I have had my current build for ~3 months and it's driving me crazy. The thing is so loud, even after working with BIOS and changing fans speeds. I've narrowed it down to my PSU.

Current build:

• Intel i5-4670K @ 3.4GHz
  • Asus Z87-C
  • Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB 
  • Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB
  • Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM
  • LG Disc Drive
  • EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750G 
  • Fractal Design Define R4 

Goal: Achieve dead silence. Or as close to it as possible.  I could either replace components in my current PC, or scrap it and start over. Budget....meh, we'll see where this takes us. I'm flexible. I would like the "new" build to include a few things.

Things to include:

• GPU (silence is key, probably going with a 770)
  • Small, clean looking case (may be able to fudge a bit on the size, but a clean look is absolutely key. Apple kind of clean.) [Only really need a new case if there's a better one for noise reduction]
  • Preferably a monitor that matches the case. Looking for a bezel that's as small as possible, and I'm kind of digging the silver/chromium look.

I understand this is a lot to request in one post, but I appreciate any and all help!

The Windforce and DCUII 770 is the way to go if you're not water cooling in the future. 

Look out for Seasonic or XFX PSU's, the one I have i bought specifically because it has a fanless mode under low load and idle in normal thermal conditions. Either that or the RM series PSU's, I wouldn't because they have some known crummy caps in there, but a lot of people swear by them and fancy Corsair's warranty. 

For CPU cooler. you didn't specify, but if you want silence go with air. A NDH14, PHTC14PE, and Dark rock pro 2 will all get excellent thermals while remaining quiet. The Havik 140 is also a great option if you're not trying to spend too much and want solid performance without too much noise. 

however, if you were going to throw that PSU out anyway, you could try modding a different fan in there. 

Error: 410

Do you need a new psu?

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

@SilentHopes, need to know country in which you are located in order to know what parts might be available.

• Do you want a completely new build or can parts be "reused" from existing build?
  • What gpu do you currently have?
  • What cpu cooler in current system?
  • Did you install any extra fans in the R4?
  • Did you replace any fans in the R4?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Pretty much any aftermarket 770 is good. 

The NH-D14 or NH-u14s are both good.

Look out for Seasonic or XFX PSU's, the one I have i bought specifically because it has a fanless mode under low load and idle in normal thermal conditions. Either that or the RM series PSU's, I wouldn't because they have some known crummy caps in there, but a lot of people swear by them and fancy Corsair's warranty. 

XFX psus may be made by seasonic but the fans they use can be on the loud side.

The RM series doesn't have bad caps. They're just not that good for something that's advertised as a higher tiered psu. The units are still good.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If you have narrowed it down to the PSU then replace the PSU. Corsair's RM series is pricey but if you're after silence then that's probably the most available and easiest bet. The Define is pretty awesome for silence so don't bother looking for something else. Then there's the rest of the stuffs, as others have said go for a Noctua air-cooler for your CPU because that should help with noise, just don't bother with the low profile ones. Then for GPU it's much, much more complicated. What's your budget and what sort of power are you after? Too many variables to make a suggestion.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

From http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Cases-and-Cooling/EVGA-SuperNOVA-NEX750G-Gold-Power-Supply-Review/Efficiency-Differential-Te

"Starting out at low power and with a relatively cool ambient air temperature the fan noise was noticeable and just got worse as the load increased. At 50% load the fan noise was very noticeable. At 100% power the fan noise was subjectively loud. This probably won't be the power supply of choice for someone who is sensitive to fan noise."

While the psu is apparently quite good it is also noisy.

There is a good possibility that replacing the psu will go a long ways to correcting the problem. This page offers some data that might help http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/psus/2013/04/26/best-power-supply-psu-720-750w/14.

The cpu cooler may also be an issue. As may any side & top vents that were openned.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

NH-D14, a RM 750 (maybe smaller). That case is supposed to be for silence. Also, get Noctua case fans. If you want your monitor to match your case, get a Dell S2340M. It has a very thin bezel and looks good.

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M