Mining vs Folding

So I  understand that mining us contributing processing power towards block chains to in turn earn small amount of the desired crypto currency, but what is folding?

Contributing processing power towards researching diseases. You won't get any real rewards, other than the knowledge that you are helping scientifically important research.

Check out the FaH website and maybe consider joining the FaH LTT-Team

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

One is for profit, the other is for science.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Since mining isn't really profitable for normal PCs, try folding since you're doing it for the greater good of the world, speeding up the research for potentially game changing medicines. 

Good on you if you take folding instead. ?

Used to be everywhere in LTT forums, had a break which lasted apparently 1 year LOL. 

Gonna get up againnnn.

Wake me up if I sleep again like Oppy. 

On 2/11/2019 at 9:08 AM, SolarNova said:

One is for profit, the other is for science.

The folding u guys are contributing to is for outdated science with no real path forward but I guess science is Science. I choose to spend my processing power on a project that will have an impact not one just existing to draw in people so they feel good about themselves; by thinking they are helping solve cancer or whatever buzz word these "scientists" slap in front of their well front of an operation.

There type of folding won't do humanity any good. All they want is a single use drug for a single Cancer. That way big pharma can sell it to only those with that SPECIFIC cancer its meant for. Instead of investing for Genetic research. Which currently is the only way we as humans know of a way to fix 90% of all cancers we know of today. 

Simple answer............. We need to fix our shitty immune system so it can actually find cancer cells. Thats the only issue we should be caring about now, we don't have the tech or means to do more then EVEN that basic ass fix. So sorry if I offended you and your entire operation but this folding project and its resources are going to an empty promise. 

And I won't stand for such lies, My family has suffered enough by the hands of Big pharma and there insistent Toxic lobbying. So Please I'd love to know how some gamer on a forum knows more than a researched in the field itself. 

u guys sure love to tell  professionals on Reddit whats so different here am I right.

You expect me to reply then you'd best QUOTE me so I can........thanks

Simple PC Parts list to reference for other Users:

Case: Meshify C

CPU: Ryzen 1600 @ 3.8

Mobo: ASRock AB350 Pro4

Ram: 2 x 8gb (Corsair RGB Pro)

GPU: XFX RX 580 8gb - Clocks: Core @1386mhz, memory @2000mhz

Storage:

Boot drive - 120gb NVME Corsair MP500

Main Storage drive - 500gb 860 EVO

Archival/Backup drive - 2TB Black WD

Mouse: Logi M570 for work, and a G502 for gaming

PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650 80+ Gold

OS: And of course Win 10 Pro, because Linux ain't fully baked yet.

Monitors: (27in monitors)

TN - VG278Q @144hz 

IPS - VP279Q-P @60hz 

3 hours ago, TheReal_ist said:

The folding is for outdated science with no real path forward but I guess science is Science. I choose to spend my processing power on a project that will have an impact not one just existing to draw in people so they feel good about themselves; by thinking they are helping solve cancer or whatever buzz word these "scientists" slap in front of their well front of an operation.

There type of folding won't do humanity any good. All they want is a single use drug for a single Cancer. That way big pharma can sell it to only those with that SPECIFIC cancer its meant for. Instead of investing for Genetic research. Which currently is the only way we as humans know of a way to fix 90% of all cancers we know of today. 

Simple answer............. We need to fix our shitty immune system so it can actually find cancer cells. Thats the only issue we should be caring about now, we don't have the tech or means to do more then EVEN that basic ass fix. So sorry if I offended you and your entire operation but this folding project and its resources are going to an empty promise. 

And I won't stand for such lies, My family has suffered enough by the hands of Big pharma and there insistent Toxic lobbying. So Please I'd love to know how some gamer on a forum knows more than a researched in the field itself. 

u guys sure love to tell  professionals on Reddit whats so different here am I right.

So you agree that it's science while also claiming it's a lie.

36 minutes ago, RAM555789 said:

So you agree that it's since while also claiming it's a lie?

Could u spell check this I don't get what u mean the whole "that its since" is throwing me off bud.

oh its supposed to be science lol.

edit:

First part:

Ok I get it now. What I said is what I said I won't change that, obviously. (maybe for spelling errors if I find more but thats not the point)

Back to what u said, Hmm how to go about this. Ok so in the science fields everything can change at the drop of a hat, meaning an idea that was once thought to be LITERAL Scientific law for IDK centuries. (Hint hint the Earth is the Center of the Universe great example) My point is Something that was once the foundation can be ripped upon because something new just contradicted it. THAT IS SCIENCE and thats why I love my field and all fields of science honestly because of this mindset. Where ANYTHING CAN BE WRONG no matter who or what u are. 

So yes Science is wrong its always been in a state of flux that is the literal point of it bud. 

Second part:

Ok now on to you real point. I get why your asking this to point out the fact that I'm saying "the folding u guys are doing is wrong but mine is right." I get that its a valid claim to be wary of what I'm doing when you and you community have been feedback looping with each other for quite a while. OR OTHERWISE known as a group of people who like the same thing. Again I refer u to what Science is aka the flux thingy, u get the point. 

And no I'm not saying just believe me either because oh your idea is already wrong because of the flux thing again. No thats stupid and a bad interpretation of what I just said. What I'm saying is that you need to consider other ideas and not just your own. Hence where mine comes it, ok well its me and my colleagues idea but whatever not the point. U need to see other point of views and ideas instead of just your own. 

That is how u do science....

Storage:

TN - VG278Q @144hz 

IPS - VP279Q-P @60hz 

@TheReal_ist I was just I looking for you clarifying your point of view on folding. You definatly made your point on your views of science and I defiantly don't disagree with the fact that science is always in a state of flux. What I don't get from your previous comment is your disdain towards folding? Or is more of you don't agree with what folding resources are being put towards? Just I curious in your opinions not trying to change them.

9 hours ago, RAM555789 said:

@TheReal_ist I was just I looking for you clarifying your point of view on folding. You definatly made your point on your views of science and I defiantly don't disagree with the fact that science is always in a state of flux. What I don't get from your previous comment is your disdain towards folding? Or is more of you don't agree with what folding resources are being put towards? Just I curious in your opinions not trying to change them.

Folding can be useful just depends on the instance it is being used for. AND IN THIS INSTANCE it is being used for literally nothing but a false promise. (Want more info on what I mean refer to first response to u about it)

If u guys wanted to actually make a difference you would research the field yourself and see what the best methods of curing cancer are. I've already told you the best humanity has as of yet aka the whole "we need our immune system to ACTUALLY detect the cells." That is the issue at hand.

SOOO what u guys are doing with folding is doing work for Pharmacy companies that will make a drug that lets the immune system detect and see only ONE CANCER CELL Type. What I'm doing is trying to fix the CORE PROBLEM aka our immune system. That way instead of getting charged for 8 different treatments by some idiot Hospital u get charged for ONE that will fix the actual problem.

And not band aid fix it like u guys are currently putting your resources towards. Sorry but in this instance u guys are just working for a solution that isn't even solving the problem. And thats just fact not my opinion on the matter.

Storage:

TN - VG278Q @144hz 

IPS - VP279Q-P @60hz