Lenovo Thinkpad L430 - upgrades

hello everyone 

i just got a FREE lenovo thinkpad L430 and i want to apply ultimate upgrade to it - can you guys give me as much upgrade ideas as you can to upgrade this machine ?

any and all opinions are more than appreciated

thank you all :) 

19 minutes ago, campy said:

You could max it up to 16gb of ram, any sata SSD, and top out at a i7-3520M

The 3rd gen mobile quadcores are hit and miss with if itll work, and then it turns into a housefire.

Personally, its not really worth upgrading anywhere near max. Its an ivy bridge business laptop and its a pretty terrible ivy bridge business laptop, the L series is the low end, cheap variety of lenovos thinkpads. The L series is all plastic and flexes terribly.

It also has the worst keyboard of all thinkpads, however i think it can be replaced with the T420 keyboard like the T430 can.

If you were gonna max a business laptop out, you need to start with a laptop where its worth it, and the L series is just a consumer grade laptop with a docking port.

it already has a 256gb ssd coupled with 1tb hdd and an i7 but 8gb ram - i'm thinking of something "more" or "different" sort of .

i'm investing in this laptop as i heard alot of great stuff about lenovo thinkpads being build for linux as i will be using the laptop for linux system architecture development etc...