My pc: 

Ryzen 5 2600

Msi gaming plus atx mobo

Team T-force 8gb of RAM dual channel 3000 frequency

Gtx 1060 3gb oc

Wd blue 1tb

NZXT h500

Corsair vs400 watt psu

So i know that the 3gb of VRAM isn't the best but paired with a 2600 i should be seeing some decent performance. I'll be using gta 5 as an example. So i get some high frames while standing still, around the 70's and as soon as i move it goes down to the 20's. While exiting a building and going out i get to the low teens in fps. I checked my usage while in-game and ill take a picture and attatch it but my cpu and gpu usages seem normal. 20 to 30% on my cpu and 30 to 40 on my gpu, also it does not matter if i change the graphics settings as it is still unplayable at normal settings. At first i thought that it might be my psu as it is obly 400 watts but for my system it shouldnt use up more than 400 watts. Any help would be very very much appreciated, thank you if you read all of this.

15495914361171387958739062006115.jpg

Have you overclocked your RAM to 3000Mhz or not? Also, why is there only 8 CPU threads showing up when there should be 12??

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

52 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

Have you overclocked your RAM to 3000Mhz or not? Also, why is there only 8 CPU threads showing up when there should be 12??

No, the RAM is not overclocked to 3000Mhz, it came stock like that. Also I wasn't sure what those cpu things were but now i know that they are threads, i disabled the monitoring of those threads on afterburner. Thank you for replying to my post. 

1 minute ago, Drunkbear2025 said:

No, the RAM is not overclocked to 3000Mhz, it came stock like that. Also I wasn't sure what those cpu things were but now i know that they are threads, i disabled the monitoring of those threads on afterburner. Thank you for replying to my post. 

By default your RAM won't be running at 3000Mhz. If you haven't enabled XMP in Bios, its most likely running at 2133Mhz and messing with you FPS since you're using Ryzen.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

9 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

By default your RAM won't be running at 3000Mhz. If you haven't enabled XMP in Bios, its most likely running at 2133Mhz and messing with you FPS since you're using Ryzen.

Im going to try and change it, ill reply back with my results. Thanks again

1 hour ago, PopsicleHustler said:

It didn't work, i went into the bios and changed the memory but i'm still getting massive frame drops and stuttering

tune your cpu to use steady frequency (variable power ) , and your gpu also, look when you drop frames if its related to cpu frequency drop or gpu .

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

I would look around for any power saving features and turn them off. A huge drop while moving the camera could also indicate an issue with asset streaming so that might even be disk related. Another thing that comes to mind is some sort of throttling. Turn on CPU clock in that monitoring tool and see if it's not dropping to values like 1Ghz or something. 

Also, is it a PC You had for some time now and worked ok or is it a build You got just now and are having problems with since You first turned it on?

3 hours ago, Mareczek99 said:

I would look around for any power saving features and turn them off. A huge drop while moving the camera could also indicate an issue with asset streaming so that might even be disk related. Another thing that comes to mind is some sort of throttling. Turn on CPU clock in that monitoring tool and see if it's not dropping to values like 1Ghz or something. 

Also, is it a PC You had for some time now and worked ok or is it a build You got just now and are having problems with since You first turned it on?

I built the pc late last year. It was running on an old amd 750k so i upgrafed to the ryzen 5 last month. While playing rainbox six siege and planetside 2 the framerates are great so its just gta 5 and bf1 that i get these low fps and frame drops. 

3 hours ago, Mareczek99 said:

I built the pc late last year. It was running on an old amd 750k so i upgrafed to the ryzen 5 last month. While playing rainbox six siege and planetside 2 the framerates are great so its just gta 5 and bf1 that i get these low fps and frame drops. 

Ok, I got a thing for You to try - get Riva Statistic Server and with it, lock GTA5 to 30fps and see if it becomes more stable with that lock in place.

Just now, Mareczek99 said:

Ok, I got a thing for You to try - get Riva Statistic Server and with it, lock GTA5 to 30fps and see if it becomes more stable with that lock in place.

I will try that, also something i noticed was that my RAM usage stays at around 3800 mb and doesnt go up or down. I have 8gb of RAM so idk if this has something to do with the RAM. Amd i checked the clocks amd the cpu stays at around 3.7 and 3.8 and the gpu stays at around 1924 Mhz.

Umm. Don't You have a 32bit Windows or something? I think Windows 7 32bit limits the  memory to 3.7-3.8GB if I recall right. Both GTA5 and BF1 are quite ram heavy and if Your RAM sticks at less than 4GB that would explain why.

5 minutes ago, Mareczek99 said:

Umm. Don't You have a 32bit Windows or something? I think Windows 7 32bit limits the  memory to 3.7-3.8GB if I recall right. Both GTA5 and BF1 are quite ram heavy and if Your RAM sticks at less than 4GB that would explain why.

Im running Windows 10 64bit

13 minutes ago, Mareczek99 said:

I locked the fps at 30 and for some reason it still drops, it goes down to around 17 and 20

If RAM is not somehow limited and shows up in system manager in Windows as 8GB that has to be an asset streaming issue of sorts. What resolution are You gaming on and what setting do You use? I think it might be possible You are throwing too much at that 3GB Vram 1060. If You are using Steam's Big Picture mode while gaming, try to lower BP's resolution (it helped me smooth out Doom performance when I had a 2GB 750 Ti). Go into Nvidia Control Panel and make sure You are using the maximum performance option in the performance mode/power management option (don't remember how is it called). If it is a Vram bottleneck You may want to try and disable the Page File in Your system if You are running a slower HDD, as some game engines might offload Vram resources to RAM and then if insufficient store some data off it on the HDD but that is a wild guess on my end.

3 minutes ago, Mareczek99 said:

If RAM is not somehow limited and shows up in system manager in Windows as 8GB that has to be an asset streaming issue of sorts. What resolution are You gaming on and what setting do You use? I think it might be possible You are throwing too much at that 3GB Vram 1060. If You are using Steam's Big Picture mode while gaming, try to lower BP's resolution (it helped me smooth out Doom performance when I had a 2GB 750 Ti). Go into Nvidia Control Panel and make sure You are using the maximum performance option in the performance mode/power management option (don't remember how is it called). If it is a Vram bottleneck You may want to try and disable the Page File in Your system if You are running a slower HDD, as some game engines might offload Vram resources to RAM and then if insufficient store some data off it on the HDD but that is a wild guess on my end.

I play at 1080p and i tried all the settings to test it out but now i just use it on all settings normal so that uses uround 1.5 gb of the Vram. Also i looked at benchmarks for the 3gb version on youtube and saw that the framerates on high settings were pretty good around 50 and 60 fps on. And what is the page file, I dont know how to turn that off? Also i habe optimized all the nvidia control pannel settings and power options to all be set to maximum performance.

The Page file is a file i which Windows stores some data offloaded off RAM if needed but if You are not hitting any RAM limit nor Vram limit that sounds less likely to be a Pagefile / HDD performance issue. You can try though. The Page file setting is located somewhere in the system manager, in advanced system or  performance settings if I recall. But You should know that some apps use this file by design so You may run into some stability issues while tinkering with it. Nothing major happened when I used to turn it off but then again - I have 16GB of RAM so not too many apps use it on my PC I guess.

Another Wild guess.. i'm stretching it a bit I think.. but we are running out of options here. Does Your 1060 run using an additional power cable? Like a 6 pin or whatever? If so, try to check if it is properly plugged in.

17 minutes ago, Mareczek99 said:

Another Wild guess.. i'm stretching it a bit I think.. but we are running out of options here. Does Your 1060 run using an additional power cable? Like a 6 pin or whatever? If so, try to check if it is properly plugged in.

No it runs off of one pcie cable and it is plugged in correctly lol. Well thatnk you for all of your help 

Ok, so the last three things that come to my mind are:

-Get into BIOS and set everything power related to full performance/no power saving.

-Reinstall GPU drivers

-Get a clean Windows Install.

Both, the Ryzen and 1060 should fly with these games if You don't run 4k, in my opinion, so if there is nothing busted, there is something holding it back. 

Asset streaming issues like these usually are caused by not enough Vram/Not enough RAM/Disk usage too high/throttling of some sort related to CPU or GPU but given the resource monitoring and the hardware You have, that should not be the case. 

I also found a simmilar problem online and the user claims it was a problem with an onboard intel APU but that does not sound right as from my experience, usually when You put a GPU in and plug all video cables into it and the video is outputting from it, usually it means the APU is just turned off automatically. APU hogging resources does seem possible but I think it should be disabled on Your end, if You have one onboard  You may want to check in BIOS if it is disabled or the output is set to the PCI-E card.

18 hours ago, Mareczek99 said:

I also found a simmilar problem online and the user claims it was a problem with an onboard intel APU but that does not sound right as from my experience, usually when You put a GPU in and plug all video cables into it and the video is outputting from it, usually it means the APU is just turned off automatically. APU hogging resources does seem possible but I think it should be disabled on Your end, if You have one onboard  You may want to check in BIOS if it is disabled or the output is set to the PCI-E card.

Sorry for not replying I found out the issue. So while in the bios it only registered me having 4gb oglf RAM so i made sure if they were plugged in correctly and one stick was not. So i was playing with 4gb instead of 8gb. Then i ran into an ez debug led error and had to take a break. Now its foxed and it recognizes my 8gb of RAM. But ehat i dont know how to do is change the frequency, so my mobo has and A-XMP setting and 2 preset profiles. Whenever i change it to the profile that runs at 2933Mhz it doesnt seem to save and work as on the top it still says "DDR Speed 2400Mhz so if you could help me with that, that'd be awesome. And thank you so much for the help you've given me throughout my issues.