Fan headers and temps for a Corsair liquid cooler

Hi all,

I just installed my new CPU cooler, a Corsair H75 2018. Being a good little boy and reading the manual I connected the pump to the CPU fan header and the two fans to a system fan header. I noticed it was making a ton of noise, so I went into the bios and set a fan curve for the fans (not the pump). This solved the noise and made the system significantly more silent. However I saw that my motherboard has two CPU fan headers. I was wondering whether it makes sense to plug the pump in to CPU_1 fan header and the two fans through a splitter on the CPU_2 fan header, or whether I should keep my set-up as is.

I also saw that my temperatures are very good for cores 2-4, around 20-21 C on idle, but is way higher on core 1, around 28 C on idle. 28 C is of course no problem but does this mean that the thermal paste may not have been properly distributed? I used pre-applied thermal paste.

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

8 minutes ago, martward said:

way higher

8 minutes ago, martward said:

28 C

that's ice cold dude I'm idling at 50C 

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

20 minutes ago, martward said:

I also saw that my temperatures are very good for cores 2-4, around 20-21 C on idle, but is way higher on core 1, around 28 C on idle. 28 C is of course no problem but does this mean that the thermal paste may not have been properly distributed? I used pre-applied thermal paste.

This is negligible, the higher tier cores are more likely to be higher anyway due to the fact that they're first on the pecking order of what the computer needs to do.

I could be wrong here, but as long as your paste was properly spread out, it shouldn't matter because all the cores are in the middle of the die anyway.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches