C: writing rights killed

Go to solution Solved by XR6,

The only thing you can do is reinstall Windows. 

A few years ago I got a Samsung Laptop and started playing around with it. Knowing nothing at that time, I killed the writing rights for my C drive (Windows drive). Now I can'tdo anything with it anymore. I can't access it, nor can I install anything on it. Is there anything I can do other than reinstalling Windows?

Are you able to boot it? If you can get into it and assuming you're admin it should be possible to undo.

If you can't boot it then you'd have to do some serous witchery and possibly coding or system file editing.

At which point it'd just be easier to nuke it and re-install if you don't have any important data you require.

1 minute ago, Windows7ge said:

Are you able to boot it? If you can get into it and assuming you're admin it should be possible to undo.

If you can't boot it then you'd have to do some serous witchery and possibly coding or system file editing.

At which point it'd just be easier to nuke it and re-install if you don't have any important data you require.

Booting works fine. Installing and accessing C doesn't 

9 minutes ago, Betahuman said:

if you could make it to the desktop, try and open the CMD, I don't think it would work since you disabled writing rights, but worth a shot

6 hours ago, VxZ said:

if you could make it to the desktop, try and open the CMD, I don't think it would work since you disabled writing rights, but worth a shot

I tried that as well, it didn't work

14 hours ago, Betahuman said:

If we abandon recovery it should be possible to run the clean command over the disk using another boot media. This will destroy the disks configuration and make the data invisible so it can easily be overwritten.

On 2/7/2019 at 3:00 PM, Windows7ge said:

If we abandon recovery it should be possible to run the clean command over the disk using another boot media. This will destroy the disks configuration and make the data invisible so it can easily be overwritten.

How can I do that?

3 hours ago, Betahuman said:

How can I do that?

Get a Windows Install CD or a thumb drive with a Windows.ISO or even just another computer you can plug that drive into as a secondary disk and open the command prompt, enter diskpart, list disk, it'll show you the connected drives, select disk # (# being the disk you want to edit), clean. From there if you want to reinstall windows you can just follow the standard procedure with a install media. It should do everything for you.