Internet really slow on new PC

Mentor1g

Hello. So I've just finished my first build:
-I5 8600k
-MSI B360 Gaming Plus
-No GPU yet
- RAM 16gb
-Win 10 freshly installed

I connected everything according to tutorials on youtube, but my issue is that I have a wireless adapter plugged in to USB to find my wifi. On other devices internet works perfectly with high speeds, but on my PC not a single page wants to load, and files download with about 3,5 B/s. I downloaded all the drivers on different device, and installed them from pendrive. I've looked around the internet to find a solution and I cant seem to find anything that would help me, thats why I am asking you guys to help me resolve my issue.

Thanks for the response in advance.

Did you reboot since installing the drivers by chance?

I figured you would have but just want to start with that :)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Lurick said:

Did you reboot since installing the drivers by chance?

I figured you would have but just want to start with that :)

I did, multiple times.

Wireless depended on the signal, do you get enough signal (check the signal bar).

How much is the rated connections (open wifi status), usually 72mbps on a 20hz channel.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Signal is full all the time, i've done all the basic things you guys gonna ask, i rebooted multiple times, tried different USB ports, tried different wireless adapter, still the same problem occurs

Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections

find your adapter, right click, click diagnose.

windows will try to reset the network connections for that adapter.

If nothing happened, right click on the adapter, click properties.

double click on the "internet protocol version 4"

on the lower option select "use the following dns"

input 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

17 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections

find your adapter, right click, click diagnose.

windows will try to reset the network connections for that adapter.

If nothing happened, right click on the adapter, click properties.

double click on the "internet protocol version 4"

on the lower option select "use the following dns"

input 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8

DNS only impacts page load times but the fact that OP is getting ~3bits/s download speed as well which points to a completely different area. Still worth a shot though since having trouble resolving the names could prevent the downloads from starting :)

@Mentor1g Have you rebooted your router/modem?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

DNS only impacts page load times but the fact that OP is getting ~3bits/s download speed as well which points to a completely different area. Still worth a shot though since having trouble resolving the names could prevent the downloads from starting :)

@Mentor1g Have you rebooted your router/modem?

Yes, as I've mentioned above i did all the basic stuff that every begginer should do

3 minutes ago, Lurick said:

I know, just finding the needle in the haystack.

I had this problem before, wifi doesn't have enough signal, i plugged a lan since, months later i plugged back the wifi and problem disappear.

Could be windows update problem.

@Mentor1g update the windows with lan.

50 minutes ago, Mentor1g said:

Signal is full all the time, i've done all the basic things you guys gonna ask, i rebooted multiple times, tried different USB ports, tried different wireless adapter, still the same problem occurs

So other devices on the same SSID are working fine? 

Do you have any firewall/security software installed that can control the network adapter? 

Have you tried an ethernet cable to confirm that ethernet is working ok? (indicating its interface specific)

Have you checked under Task Manager > Resource Monitor > Network to confirm nothing else is hammering your network traffic? 

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO | 12 x 8TB HGST Ultrastar He10 (WD Whitelabel) | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

1 hour ago, Mentor1g said:

What USB WiFi adapter do you have? Not all are created equal - I've had cheapo adapters report full signal that never surpass wireless g speeds despite being "rated" as wireless n ready. You can try another known good working USB WiFi adapter to rule this out.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)