Digitalising a college from paper based to online (uni project)

Stormseeker9

Hi guys (and girls),

At uni we have to manage a project as an assignment and the subject is digitalising a college. 

Now I'm a little stuck on the server side of things.

The setup we are aiming for is:

- 50 smartboards with integrated CPU

- 50 seperate monitors + keyboard/mouse

- 1 server rack ( I think that should be enough??)

- 2 servers ( again, is it enough?)

- 5 switches (10 Smartboards per switch) (again we think this)

- 2-4 Teraflop of storage so no upgrading needed for the coming 10 or so years

- 50 routers (building is old and has thick concrete walls and divided over 3 levels)

- all students and staff can login into the schools online environment and submit papers, look at homework, etc etc

My question basically is, what am I missing, are we (my team) going in a complete wrong direction or are we on track?

I understand that this might not be a common thing to ask, but I thought it cant hurt posting it here and asking for help.

Thanks in advance for any help!

EDIT:

My task is assessing how much staff needed for the whole project + materials + a estimate of the total cost.

So the subject this project is for is Project management. The purpose of this assignment is to understand how real life projects work. We were allowed to choose our own subject and chose for digitalising an old college. On Friday we hand in our first draft of the project - and im stuck when I have to calculate all the costs associated with settings this up, as im not entirely sure how a server room etc works. I have calculated labour costs and the rest of materials needed, just stuck on this bit. @VegetableStu

The building is existing, we know that some walls have to be knocked down and moved. The server room will be built in the old paper file location. AC and ducting will be installed in this room.

PURPOSE OF PROJECT IS TO DIGITALISE THIS COLLEGE TO GO ONLINE FROM PAPERBASED/BOARD to having smartboards in every room, plus our own school online interface, plus cloud services, every student their own personal email as well as the staff etc.

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

6 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

aaaaaany backstory on the problem your assignment is trying to solve? like is this a personnel admin problem, or a school computing hardware management problem? (or school-is-being-built-from-scratch problem?)

Oh Sorry Ill add it to my post!

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD