Monitor choice (1440p / 144Hz / IPS+VA)

WannaCrypt

I've been doing a lot of searching for a good monitor that will serve both gaming and workstation purposes.

I was going for a 4K until discovering that it's still highly experimental and anything beyond 60Hz seemed only available on a 27" monitor, which I found a bit too small for that resolution. So I went on searching for a good 144Hz one that also uses IPS/VA panel technology due to better picture quality and viewing angle, only to read/hear in reviews they all have issues with backlight bleeding as well as test results showing slow response times.

Now I find myself wondering whether I should invest in a 144Hz now or wait for new releases or buy something else. I currently have literally no monitor besides a 10 years old 42" 1080p LCD TV that burns your eyes. The new system will use a i9-9900K processor and 2080 Ti graphics card which I thought at least deserves a good monitor to work and play games with

Because I don't plan on using this computer solely / primarily for gaming I thought it should be flat instead of curved

These are a few considerable options when searching for a <4ms response time:

• Acer Predator XB271HU
  • ViewSonic XG2703-GS
  • Gigabyte Aorus AD27QD
  • Asus MG279Q
  • Asus ROG Swift PG279Q

What do you think I should go for? Any (other) recommendations?

Password:WNcry@2ol7

ʟᴀᴘᴛᴏᴘ:ᴄᴘᴜ.i7-3630QM @ 2.4GHz||ᴍᴇᴍᴏʀʏ.8GB DDR3||ɢᴘᴜ.NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M||ᴍʙ.ASUS N76VJ||sᴛᴏʀᴀɢᴇ.750GB HDD

I used the Asus pg279q for a while and I really liked it. Switched to the pg27uq because I wanted higher res and didn't even realize at the time that the best thing about the monitor is it's HDR. 

PG279Q and XB171HU are going to be your best bets, but get the XB271HU with an IPS panel

Current System Specs:

MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming     CPU: Intel i5 9600k      GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 ti FTW Ultra Silent    PSU: EVGA 750 G2 80+ gold

Ram:  16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200    Storage: 500 GB Samsung 970 EVO/ 4TB WD Blue Case: Corsair 275R-White