Song is Unavailable in Spotify, VPN to Get It Back?

jiyeon

Hi, so I recently found a K-pop that was unavaiable in my K-pop playlist.

In theory, could I VPN to Korea and have it back?

My anxiety is really kicking in so I apologise if my post is quite incoherent.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

I'd give it a solid "maybe", but you might find that other songs are unavailable if you try. There's also the fact that Spotify isn't actually officially available in Korea.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

Maybe against what your plans are but have you tried just listening to the song if its on youtube?

10 minutes ago, TheUncannyScrub said:

Maybe against what your plans are but have you tried just listening to the song if its on youtube?

What do you mean, I'm talking about Spotify here... I use Spotify daily and would rather not use YouTube just to listen to this one unavailable song.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

1 minute ago, seoz said:

What do you mean, I'm talking about Spotify here... I use Spotify daily and would rather not use YouTube just to listen to this one unavailable song.

Fair enough, was just wondering, getting more information on the situation.

2 hours ago, seoz said:

Hi, so I recently found a K-pop that was unavaiable in my K-pop playlist.

In theory, could I VPN to Korea and have it back?

My anxiety is really kicking in so I apologise if my post is quite incoherent.

You can check album and song availability using the following unofficial web service: https://kaaes.github.io/albums-availability

Using a VPN to circumvent this is technically not legal, but until they stop you (much like Netflix did) you can totally give it a try.

Please note that it's in Spotify's best interest to have all songs available worldwide, but due to the archaic ways of the music industry, distribution rights often prohibit this due to licensing being available for some album releases for as little as 2 weeks globally before they become "exclusive" to certain platforms, or vice versa. Blame the recording industry, not the services that provide your music.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

It might also be that artist or their label have removed rights for songs altogether. Spotify leaves those listed, as they have once been available, have statistics and have been added to playlists. But they aren't available anywhere. In that case your best bet is to go on and buy tracks/albums from another place.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

11 hours ago, seoz said:

Yes, you're taking about Spotify, but also taking about music. I think that guy just assume that listening music is more important. If I want to listen some song, I don't care about source.