Cant remove malware PLEASE HELP

Disclosure- I tried to install some paid software for free which I agree is a bad move so no rude comments please.

After installing software, I went on chrome and tried to search something up, It searched on yahoo and every time I tried to go on YouTube, support.google.com or accounts.google.com (And other google websites) It couldn't reach ip address.

Later I realised that google.com was unlocked but it was the Indonesia version. After trying some other forums I got recommended malware bytes which showed and "quarantined" files, then I deleted them but nothing happened to google chrome, I still got redirected to yahoo every time I searched on it and google was still in Indonesian google. I cant log in and cant go on YouTube or google support. I am using Microsoft edge but I don't think I can last any longer. Please help?

Btw yes I have tried re installing chrome. If possible, I want to avoid resetting the computer as I have many games and files I spent some time on.

1 minute ago, ELSknutson said:

8 minutes ago, billionare m1 said:

After trying some other forums I got recommended malware bytes which showed and "quarantined" files, then I deleted them but nothing happened to google chrome

6 minutes ago, ELSknutson said:

Try going into your internet settings and disable that extention also go into add and remove programs and make sure that the program is deleted. also make sure that google is you default browser 

I tried that but I only have google docs as an extention. Nothing else

Did you try using malwarebytes in safe mode?

__             __
   .-'.'     .-.     '.'-.
 .'.((      ( ^ `>     )).'.
/`'- \'._____\ (_____.'/ -'`\
|-''`.'------' '------'.`''-|
|.-'`.'.'.`/ | | \`.'.'.`'-.|
 \ .' . /  | | | |  \ . '. /
  '._. :  _|_| |_|_  : ._.'
     ````` /T"Y"T\ `````
          / | | | \
         `'`'`'`'`'`

Tried changing DNS servers? Different browser (Firefox)?

Otherwise, that's quite a painful lesson there.

so under search engine make sure it is set to google 

also try popups and redirects and put the site to bock 

and also check here

image.png.c1b5c1c726eac77666d23ed28c924590.png

There is honestly no way to ever guarantee removal of malware 100 percent. The best course of action is to wipe the drive and reinstall.

I have decided that I will reset my pc. Hopefully a small reset will work but if not then I guess ill have to reset it to factory settings.

1 minute ago, billionare m1 said:

I have decided that I will reset my pc. Hopefully a small reset will work but if not then I guess ill have to reset it to factory settings.

Reset your google chrome. Here are some old posts of mine that will help:

On 1/6/2019 at 12:24 PM, Origami Cactus said:

That's a virus. First go to chrome settings, and "extensions", delete every single extension you see. Then go to settings, scroll all the way down, click "advanced", scroll even more down, until you see this:

image.png.f3153b8c2aaf59d5b3369829ea094fbf.png

Do both of these things, do clean up first, and then do the reset to chrome settings. If it still doesnt help download malwarebytes and reinstall google chrome.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

Back to the ranch topic... If billionare m1 had his OS and programs on their own partition or drive and his data on another partition or drive, he could have been imaging nthe OS and programs. Then, when he got infected, he could have just restored to an image made before the infection. That's much faster and easier than wiping and reinstalling.

Edited by colonel_mortis

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

38 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

No particularly funny here but I love your avatar!

Back to the ranch topic... If billionare m1 had his OS and programs on their own partition or drive and his data on another partition or drive, he could have been imaging nthe OS and programs. Then, when he got infected, he could have just restored to an image made before the infection. That's much faster and easier than wiping and reinstalling.

So I have just realised that I CANT reset my pc. When I went into settings it said that it can not reset it and when I went to bois settings, troubleshooting, I just got advanced options. So now I can not even reset my pc!

I don't know what virus i have unfortunetly none of your ideas worked but thank you for your help. 

?

If you're experienced user, try SpyHunter.

It's paid program, but scan is free and you can remove viruses (files and registry entries) using normal tools (filemanager, registry editor) after detection. It's not widely known tool, but from my experience, it can detect crap that nothing else detects.

Before that - be sure that you have no active suspicious processes running. If you have - try to kill them and remove entries in TaskScheduler or autorun that re-activates them.

You may try AdwCleaner at first to deactivate suspicious crap, then SpyHunter to find leftovers and prevent to auto-restore malware.

After you get rid of viruses, uninstall SpyHunter.