Alphacool Eisstation Top Discoloration

The top on my Alphacool Eistation has been showing discoloration and today I noticed what could be a micro crack forming all around the top. I have no idea what could be causing this. I have a temperature probe in the bottom of the reservoir and the water doesn't exceed 35 C and my components don't exceed 45 C usually. I run my loop with about 30% antifreeze mix and have two hardware labs radiators, two Alphacool blocks, all my fittings are copper and I'm using the EK neoprene tubing. This is the second reservoir I've purchased, the first Alphacool Eisstation had micro cracks forming all around it. Since I've replaced this reservoir once already, I took apart the blocks and decided to check and see if there's any impurities in my loop and both blocks were clean. The reservoirs didn't have anything in them either and the coolant (distilled water with about 30% antifreeze) looked the same as when I first filled the loop. Any ideas on why this is happening or should I admit that the Alphacool Eisstation uses terrible plastic and get a different reservoir instead?

7WO4MoC.jpg

ogOFPeo.jpg

vm8VA8I.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I really don't think you should be using any kind of antifreeze in a loop

Should contact the manufacturer and tell them what you’re doing, then they will tell you why it’s happneing. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Its probably reacting badly to the antifreeze.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

15 hours ago, Mick Naughty said:

Should contact the manufacturer and tell them what you’re doing, then they will tell you why it’s happneing. 

Contacted Alphacool, they said nothing about the antifreeze and just sent me a new top.