Soldering help

Kabom

So, 

I had my charger plugged in at school and someone accidentally tripped on the cable and broke the "shoe" off the "adapter"

All the electronics seem to be fine and it is just one cable that's loose. Would it work to just solder that cable back on and apply some hot glue to put the "shoe" back on?

AC Adapter (EU Standard)

Input: 100v>240v. 1.8 A 50HZ>60HZ

Output: 20v. 3.25 a

https://imgur.com/QTw0gAV

https://imgur.com/c86eEbN

8 minutes ago, Kabom said:

All the electronics seem to be fine and it is just one cable that's loose. Would it work to just solder that cable back on and apply some hot glue to put the "shoe" back on?

Looks like it should be fine, yes.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Just now, WereCatf said:

Looks like it should be fine, yes.

Is there any special kind of soldering materials I should use? Or will it just work with the regular stuff found in the stores? 

8 minutes ago, Kabom said:

Is there any special kind of soldering materials I should use? Or will it just work with the regular stuff found in the stores? 

I don't know what kind of stuff you find at your local stores, but over here, almost all the solder sold in stores is the non-leaded kind; leaded solder is much easier to work with, especially for a beginner, so I'd recommend finding some of that. It's not quite as environmentally friendly as non-leaded and it's not healthy to eat, so, you know, don't go munching on it ?

EDIT: thought to mention, in case you don't know, the chemical symbol for lead is Pb, so if you see solder with markings such as Sn60/Pb40, it means it is 40% lead and is, therefore, leaded. There are plenty of different mixes out there, but it doesn't matter much. Just look for the "Pb" there and you're good.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

6 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

I don't know what kind of stuff you find at your local stores, but over here, almost all the solder sold in stores is the non-leaded kind; leaded solder is much easier to work with, especially for a beginner, so I'd recommend finding some of that. It's not quite as environmentally friendly as non-leaded and it's not healthy to eat, so, you know, don't go munching on it ?

Okay. Thanks for the help!