Mouse not working on certain parts of mousepad

WilliamA119

Hello, I am having problems with my mouse not working on certain parts of my mousepad. I can't seem to find out why. I tried putting my mouse on my desk and it works fine but with the way I play games it makes a ton of noise when being picked up set down. I don't want to pull the trigger on buying a new mousepad just yet so any help with resolving this issue would be great. Thanks!

Is the mouse (pad) multi colored? Or is it a solid color?

Edited by Maxisthemoose
Pad

Main And Only Build : CPU : Ryzen 5 1600x (OC to 4.2GHz), Cooler : Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240 TT Premium Edition, Motherboard : Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, RAM : Trident Z RGB 16GB (2*8) 3000Mhz DDR4, GPU : Gigabyte Gaming GTX 1070 TI, PSU : EVGA G3 650W 80+ Gold Certified, Storage : 250GB Samsung 860 Evo + 256GB SU800 + 2TB Seagate HDD.

Do you get messages from Windows saying the mouse disconnects?

If so, my guess is one of the wires inside the mouse cable is broken (interrupted) where it enters the mouse, and it just so happens then when you bend your hand a specific way and the mouse is at a particular angle with the cable, the ends of the wire inside the cable separate.

Otherwise, try a different texture of mouse. It may just be your mouse is more sensitive to particular colors, or there may be some grease or shiny parts on your mouse pad which the mouse has problems detecting motion over them.

The mouse pad is multicolored and it does work on my desk which is a single color. I've tried cleaning my mouse pad but it doesn't help. Also, my mouse doesn't disconnect at all, it just slows down and will kind of jump as if the sensor is only picking up at certain parts. 

1 minute ago, WilliamA119 said:

The mouse pad is multicolored and it does work on my desk which is a single color. I've tried cleaning my mouse pad but it doesn't help. Also, my mouse doesn't disconnect at all, it just slows down and will kind of jump as if the sensor is only picking up at certain parts.

That sounds like it is the mouse pad messing up the sensor of the mouse.

Main And Only Build : CPU : Ryzen 5 1600x (OC to 4.2GHz), Cooler : Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 240 TT Premium Edition, Motherboard : Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, RAM : Trident Z RGB 16GB (2*8) 3000Mhz DDR4, GPU : Gigabyte Gaming GTX 1070 TI, PSU : EVGA G3 650W 80+ Gold Certified, Storage : 250GB Samsung 860 Evo + 256GB SU800 + 2TB Seagate HDD.

I have a solid colour mouse pad that is very old and worn. The worn parts produce the exact same results. You'll either need a mouse that has a better sensor, or a solid colour mouse pad. (oh and also, I once got a piece of brownie stuck in the optical sensor and had no clue why my mouse all the sudden stopped working. sat there five minutes troubleshooting before i picked it up and looked underneath xD )

1 minute ago, TempestCatto said:

You'll either need a mouse that has a better sensor, or a solid colour mouse pad.

Yeah I have a Corsair Extended Mouse Pad and it just has shades of gray and it works great!

So yeah. I would recommend a new mouse pad with a solid color or just different shades of 1 color.