System Upgrade :DDDD woop woop

MicroDotz
33 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

There is no 8GB 290x. There is only a 4GB variant. So either that is modded BIOS or missadvertisement. That or the more likely that you meant 390x.

Nvidia cards seem to overpriced on the used market in the case of some cards.

its the sapphire r9 290x tri-x 8gb , it exists really!! 

aparently the extra 4g is prob only useful for video processing according to jay2cents but still very cool variation

7 minutes ago, MicroDotz said:

its the sapphire r9 290x tri-x 8gb , it exists really!! 

aparently the extra 4g is prob only useful for video processing according to jay2cents but still very cool variation

Nvm then. There are so many 4GB models i didnt exoect there to be a 8GB model. 

Also keep in mind the gtx 970 inly has 3,5GB of vram. Not 4.

23 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

ya thts why i looked at the competitor for the 970 and the variation i found had 8gb so decided id try to go for it but didnt pan out in the end... i feel like the 970 with 3.5gb quick and .5slow is likea comprimise, soo maybe r9 fury or 980 would be better, and if i somehow got a miracle deal ona 1070 it woud be possible be good option too... 

On 1/30/2019 at 1:22 PM, MicroDotz said:

hello my dad destroyed my pc so im looking to rebuild one from the ground up,

edit: ive curretly assembled an i5 3570 in a p8h67m-lx mobo with 16g ram and amd r9 270x dual-x oc 2gb model with a 400w dynex/huntkey power supply which is actuallyy engineered to explode and kill me in my sleep. 

can you help me out with ur experience on picking a base to build  things to upgrade with please?

if you can please read below=

hi,again, ok,this new rig dosent need to be new and overpowered but ideally least a=

1)cpu with gaming capability (reliable and closest i can get to 3ghz mark (or more?) without breaking the bank something like under 50$ used.) 

(even if i cant overclock it)

2)mobo with cpu&gpu upgradability with a not terrible bios ( i jus know i want many slot options/ multiple slots for gpus, and harddrives and fan pins and hopefully something overclocking friendly if theres cheap options out there for that, if not ill live. also around 40-50$ used)

3) optional for the future: gpu ideas thats affordable LOL  ie:under 125$ but can run world of tanks on med-high settings or better games etc.

(1&2 are main goals this ones not a primary one atm since i have no tower to put one in but still on the list so its not just an after thought) 

---------------------------thigns i have allready----------------------------------------

(see specs above)

a cat

thermaltake tower

some rgb strip

a couple 100ishmm fans,

thermal paste 

passionate building skills

coffee

------------things i dont have-----------------------

money

guy friends

ram

psu

mobo

cpu

gpu

ssd/hdd

heatsinks

after market cooler ideas

chicken nuggets(im so freakn poor guys i live on ramen xD )

yaaaa if anyone can offer up some tender hearted advice and share some experience ,

i will pray to the chickn nugget goddesses in the sky for you , to give u their juicy blessings. 

thanks for reading, u ar awesome~ ❤️ 

I'm with literally everyone else on the WTF front. That said, let's condense this info:

You currently have:  i5 3570, p8h67m-lx mobo, 16g ram, r9 270x dual-x oc 2gb, 400w dynex/huntkey power supply ?

You wanna play: world of tanks on med-high settings or better games etc.

• What resolution is your monitor?
  • What constitutes "better games"? (What do you want to play?)

Suggestion: a low end bronze+ PSU will offer stability (In the U.S. it's about $40). From there, your MOBO appears to be reasonably fine for the budget you're talking about. Your next upgrade path is the GPU. (This should honestly run World of Tanks just fine, though.) 

For a GPU, you could sell your OCed 270x for about $40, take the profits and your leftover cash and put it toward a used RX 570 or 580!

EDIT: Lol didn't see how far this post has moved! @GoldenLag appears to have given helpful insight as usual!

2 hours ago, trevb0t said:

I'm with literally everyone else on the WTF front. That said, let's condense this info:

You currently have:  i5 3570, p8h67m-lx mobo, 16g ram, r9 270x dual-x oc 2gb, 400w dynex/huntkey power supply ?

You wanna play: world of tanks on med-high settings or better games etc.

• What resolution is your monitor?
  • What constitutes "better games"? (What do you want to play?)

Suggestion: a low end bronze+ PSU will offer stability (In the U.S. it's about $40). From there, your MOBO appears to be reasonably fine for the budget you're talking about. Your next upgrade path is the GPU. (This should honestly run World of Tanks just fine, though.) 

For a GPU, you could sell your OCed 270x for about $40, take the profits and your leftover cash and put it toward a used RX 570 or 580!

EDIT: Lol didn't see how far this post has moved! @GoldenLag appears to have given helpful insight as usual!

yuss ima derpp, and im currytly on z77 with i73770 using special bios on my rx 560 with evga semi modular 750w gq  i hav some nifty fans and fan controller with cheap blue led strip stuck on the inside to make it look pretty too xD - the other computer i started with is now my living room media thinger im using for watching streaming sports n stuf on ?

at this point im looking at r9 fury but idk what the price i should pay for it is 

6 minutes ago, MicroDotz said:

yuss ima derpp, and im currytly on z77 with i73770 using special bios on my rx 560 with evga semi modular 750w gq  i hav some nifty fans and fan controller with cheap blue led strip stuck on the inside to make it look pretty too xD - the other computer i started with is now my living room media thinger im using for watching streaming sports n stuf on ?

at this point im looking at r9 fury but idk what the price i should pay for it is 

A neat tool on ebay is to look up "R9 Fury." and then on the left bar, click the "Show Only - Sold Items" box. It will show you what they are going for in previous sales and you can get an idea of what the market looks like.

Looks like lows of 102 - highs of 230 in the US. 130 - 145 is the sweet spot there. (apply to your home country as appropriate.)

The Fury is kinda stylish / cool bc it often comes with its own radiator cooler.

26 minutes ago, trevb0t said:

A neat tool on ebay is to look up "R9 Fury." and then on the left bar, click the "Show Only - Sold Items" box. It will show you what they are going for in previous sales and you can get an idea of what the market looks like.

Looks like lows of 102 - highs of 230 in the US. 130 - 145 is the sweet spot there. (apply to your home country as appropriate.)

The Fury is kinda stylish / cool bc it often comes with its own radiator cooler.

im looking at a sapphire nitro version of it, aparently it has extra shaders physically cut so i cant do bios modding but seems like ok contendor for 390x i was reccomended tht i cant find- i made offer for 150cad jus now~ 

Just now, MicroDotz said:

im looking at a sapphire nitro version of it, aparently it has extra shaders physically cut so i cant do bios modding but seems like ok contendor for 390x i was reccomended tht i cant find- i made offer for 150cad jus now~ 

Rad! If you're at 1080p, I would think the 4 GB memory would be fine either way. I'm no expert on that model though!

5 minutes ago, trevb0t said:

Rad! If you're at 1080p, I would think the 4 GB memory would be fine either way. I'm no expert on that model though!

ah they wont move from 200, i dont really wanna put tht much on this card so ima keep looking i saw some on ebay for cheaper though ? if u look someone is selling a 10pack of these cards for 1000$ and individually at 109$- i didnt see the ebay tool for the sold listing prices but ive been looking up comparisions to cards im trying to get- theres jus so many variations on one gpu its overwhelming sometimes and i dont sleep alot as it is

i thin it dosent have hdmi 2.0 though so even if it can do 4k it cant really do it the way 99% of people would attempt doing it. (with hdmi cable to their tv even if its not optimal) 

2 minutes ago, MicroDotz said:

ah they wont move from 200, i dont really wanna put tht much on this card so ima keep looking i saw some on ebay for cheaper though ? if u look someone is selling a 10pack of these cards for 1000$ and individually at 109$- i didnt see the ebay tool for the sold listing prices but ive been looking up comparisions to cards im trying to get- theres jus so many variations on one gpu its overwhelming sometimes and i dont sleep alot as it is

i thin it dosent have hdmi 2.0 though so even if it can do 4k it cant really do it the way 99% of people would attempt doing it. (with hdmi cable to their tv even if its not optimal) 

You're not looking at 4k gaming either way. This build is solidly for 1080p (possibly with higher frequency if you want a nice monitor. 145mhz etc.) Really for your price range, a used RX 580 is still a great buy if you can find one for around the same. They frequently come with 4-8GB RAM, so there's your extra shader support.

On 4/10/2019 at 12:28 PM, GoldenLag said:

wat would you pay for 1070 or a 1070ti ? jus wondering 

On 4/10/2019 at 7:17 PM, trevb0t said:

Outside of Ebay, don't forget Mercari, Letgo, FB Marketplace, Craigslist, etc. 

can i ask u wats the epic deal range and regular deal range for 1070 and 1070ti ? (zotac,evga,msi)

4 minutes ago, MicroDotz said:

can i ask u wats the epic deal range and regular deal range for 1070 and 1070ti ? (zotac,evga,msi)

You said you were in CA? Can't speak to that, really. In the US market I see (EPIC) lows of about $195 with a good range up to about $210 for the 1070. The Ti is between 230 - 250 on the low end.

To be frank, I just wouldn't. If I was going to spend $250 on a card, I'd save a few more and look for a good sale on a new 1660Ti for about the same price, comparable if not slightly superior performance, and hey... It's brand new with warranty!

The EVGA Black Gaming is only about $20 more than a low range used 1070Ti currently with a free game, and idk what brand the used ones were.

2 hours ago, trevb0t said:

You said you were in CA? Can't speak to that, really. In the US market I see (EPIC) lows of about $195 with a good range up to about $210 for the 1070. The Ti is between 230 - 250 on the low end.

To be frank, I just wouldn't. If I was going to spend $250 on a card, I'd save a few more and look for a good sale on a new 1660Ti for about the same price, comparable if not slightly superior performance, and hey... It's brand new with warranty!

The EVGA Black Gaming is only about $20 more than a low range used 1070Ti currently with a free game, and idk what brand the used ones were.

O: thanks for sharing ur knowledge w me 

i didnt know 1660tis existed and were better,whats theit prices like? approx?

i only see one locally though but ya

omfg wat am i doing looking at gpus worth more than my freakn car DERP lmao

2 hours ago, MicroDotz said:

O: thanks for sharing ur knowledge w me 

i didnt know 1660tis existed and were better,whats theit prices like? approx?

i only see one locally though but ya

Well again I'm speaking in USD here, so if the market is the same, the 1070 is $260-280CA - the Ti $310-340CA

Here is the CA newegg for the 1660Ti: https://www.newegg.ca/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=1660+ti&N=-1&isNodeId=1

But I think at these prices, I'd be looking at this one: https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487430&Description=1660 ti&cm_re=1660_ti-_-14-487-430-_-Product

lolol That's a lot of nuggest fasho

18 minutes ago, trevb0t said:

Well again I'm speaking in USD here, so if the market is the same, the 1070 is $260-280CA - the Ti $310-340CA

Here is the CA newegg for the 1660Ti: https://www.newegg.ca/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=1660+ti&N=-1&isNodeId=1

But I think at these prices, I'd be looking at this one: https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487430&Description=1660 ti&cm_re=1660_ti-_-14-487-430-_-Product

aw the single fan one is cute ? do you mean 1660ti^? was curious about used price , not sure how to evaluate gpus tht are new for used

1 minute ago, MicroDotz said:

aw the single fan one is cute ? do you mean 1660ti^? was curious about used price , not sure how to evaluate gpus tht are new for used

Basically, a new GPU is a guarantee. It's going to work, or you're going to get a new one from the factory.

The 1660Ti is new enough that I wouldn't expect much of the used market yet. 

A used 1070 Ti is still a great card, but... Why not go for new with similar performance?

1 hour ago, MicroDotz said:

wat would you pay for 1070 or a 1070ti ? jus wondering 

if you can get a mining card they shouldnt be much at all. though idk exact pricing. 

you can get something like a R9 Fury for 100-120$. which sits right below the 1070

13 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

if you can get a mining card they shouldnt be much at all. though idk exact pricing. 

you can get something like a R9 Fury for 100-120$. which sits right below the 1070

cant find any fury under 200 tbh theres not many 390s either thts why im reluctantly looking at nvidias tbh

What about like a 980Ti? It's similar in performance to the Fury (some say a little better. I can't say from experience.)

I see some in the $165 USD price point via ebay.

23 hours ago, trevb0t said:

What about like a 980Ti? It's similar in performance to the Fury (some say a little better. I can't say from experience.)

I see some in the $165 USD price point via ebay.

not sure about 980s (vram for 4k/processing) but is 285cad for a secondhand evga 1070 epic or not really

8 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

wat duy think about this 1070 prices below?V

2 hours ago, MicroDotz said:

not sure about 980s but is 285cad for a secondhand evga 1070 epic or not really

9 hours ago, trevb0t said:

9 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

if you had choice between evga 1070 superclok and gigabyte g1 gaming 1070 at same price which would you choose ? is it just aesthetical decision or does one have better cooling or clocks or something ? 

4 hours ago, MicroDotz said:

if you had choice between evga 1070 superclok and gigabyte g1 gaming 1070 at same price which would you choose ? is it just aesthetical decision or does one have better cooling or clocks or something ? 

EVGA due ti the better warranty service.

5 hours ago, MicroDotz said:

wat duy think about this 1070 prices below?V

Not terrible. Id try ti get it to 250-260. You can get a 1660ti for 329 CAD. And the 1079 is an older card.