Need help with first PC build

wolfy_cx

I have been looking to upgrade my PC, I wanted to get some help from people who are more knowledge than me. I was looking to use this build for gaming and a bit of streaming, I didn't include a GPU in the build, I have a 1050ti I'm gonna use for a little longer than upgrade that later down the line. My budget is around 700 USD.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Wolfy_xc/saved/Q8JGGX

Upgrade from what?

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

Currently have a i5 4460, 8gb of ram, 280 watt no name PSU, and no name mobo, Basically was a stock pc from best buy that I updated the GPU in.

Don't bother with that little cooler, grab a D15 or Dark rock pro 4 for the same price for better thermals 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Probably remove the $90 AIO. Use the stock cooler and save your money. If you find that the stock cooler doesn't meet your needs then you can consider spending more money replacing the stock cooler.

A 2600 + 1050Ti is going to use less than 200W, so a 650W is pretty overkill. A good quality 450W would be fine.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

Don't bother with that little cooler, grab a D15 or Dark rock pro 4 for the same price for better thermals 

I do understand where you're coming from, but won't a cooler like this be overkill for a CPU in this budget range (unless there's some thicc mid-range CPU oc's someone is doing)?

2 minutes ago, wolfy_cx said:

Currently have a i5 4460, 8gb of ram, 280 watt no name PSU, and no name mobo, Basically was a stock pc from best buy that I updated the GPU in.

Welcome to the forum! Just a heads up, make sure you're quoting or @'ing people so they can see that you replied to them. You can quote someone by clicking the arrow in their comment box. It's circled in the picture.

quote.jpeg

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

8 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Probably remove the $90 AIO. Use the stock cooler and save your money. If you find that the stock cooler doesn't meet your needs then you can consider spending more money replacing the stock cooler.

A 2600 + 1050Ti is going to use less than 200W, so a 650W is pretty overkill. A good quality 450W would be fine.

Only reason I got the AIO was for aesthetics, and the 650W is currently the same price as a EVGA 550W and was gonna upgrade the GPU down the line to maybe a 2060 or so, Not sure how much power that would use but it probably isn't near 550.

3 minutes ago, wolfy_cx said:

Only reason I got the AIO was for aesthetics, and the 650W is currently the same price as a EVGA 550W and was gonna upgrade the GPU down the line to maybe a 2060 or so, Not sure how much power that would use but it probably isn't near 550.

That's a horrible deal. For less than 20$ more you get the fat 280mm version that I have.

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

2 minutes ago, CharminUltraStrong said:

That's a horrible deal. For less than 20$ more you get the fat 280mm version that I have.

Edited it for the 280mm, Good idea, Only 20$ more. One question, Could I use the fans in front that come with the case and mount it to the front? The case says it doesn't support 280mm at the top.

1 minute ago, wolfy_cx said:

Only reason I got the AIO was for aesthetics, and the 650W is currently the same price as a EVGA 550W and was gonna upgrade the GPU down the line to maybe a 2060 or so.

RTX 2060 is still going to be under 200W for the GPU. With the CPU and rest of the system a decent 450W would still be fine.

17 minutes ago, wolfy_cx said:

Do you have a SSD? I would recommend adding one to the new build if you don't.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Just now, Spotty said:

RTX 2060 is still going to be under 200W for the GPU. With the CPU and rest of the system a decent 450W would still be fine.

Do you have a SSD? I would recommend adding one to the new build if you don't.

I do, I didn't include storage in the build as I have a 256gb SSD and 1TB hard drive already. Also I found a nzxt 550W for 39.99, I'll replace the one in the build parts :D.

8 hours ago, mxk. said:

I do understand where you're coming from, but won't a cooler like this be overkill for a CPU in this budget range (unless there's some thicc mid-range CPU oc's someone is doing)?

Ah you're right, I thought the budget was higher. Yeah stock all the way

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P