Deleted Linux Partition, Can’t Boot Windows

TLDR- I was duel booting Lenix and windows. Stopped working. Is broke. Tried to delete Linux partition. Worked fine. I spent like four hours playing Skyrim. Turned off computer turned on next day. Not working. Please help. Detailed explanation below

Please help me. I have been dual booting a Linux distro for about two years aside my windows. Recently it stopped working but I had a boot loader that would come up and allow me to choose whether I wanted to boot into the partition on my computer that had windows or the one that had Linux. Because this was very annoying especially considering I could not use the Linux anyway I deleted its partition in windows using disk manager. I turned off my computer and the grub rescue terminal came up next time I turned it on. I have come to understand that this is the standard occurrence after deleting the Linux partition. However after several attempts to boot to windows through this I eventually acquiesced and created a recovery drive using my laptop. Following this I plugged in the USB drive and put it to it. I then tried using the command prompt to restore the boot loader on my previous Windows disk. However when I would attempt to use the/boot command it would always say access denied..  after this I search several forums and tried just about every alternate solution and regardless of what I did I always ended up getting access denied. after this I simply exited the command terminal and tried restoring from an alternate point. I’m doing this after about 10 minutes I got a message that the restoration had failed so I exited the window. However the moment I closed the window, windows simply booted up As it normally would, with all my data there. While I am very happy that windows is Working and everything appears to be working normally I am quite confused. First of all what happened that allowed windows to boot after all other solutions had failed and the system told me that my recovery from an alternate point had failed? Second of all what can I do in order to ensure that this does not happen again. I am honestly on the verge of just buying an SSD saving all my important information to a flash drive screenshotting my Skyrim mods list and just kind of starting over again. However I’d rather not do that. So if the forum has a Simpler solution I would love to hear it. 

Edited by paulo7702
Clarification

Yeah, I've been there before.

Long and short: Your Linux partition contained your boot loader. Your Windows install is fine.

You'll need a recovery CD for the Windows you're running. Maybe google for a way to make this happen? Anyone have any suggestions?

Then you need to google the microsoft page for bootrec.exe

I would suggest going for bootrec /fixmbr and the full instructions for bootrec /rebuildbcd where you attrib the file and rename to bcd.old.