LG G7 or Chinese phone?

IAmAndre

Hi,

After many days of hesitation about what to pick as my next phone, I am now considering getting the G7. It is a high-end device that used to cost €800 or so, and it's now available under €400, and that's the ThinQ edition. There's also a G7 One, running Android One, that has been announced a few months ago but can't be found anywhere online so I'm considering sticking with last year's flagship (the ThinQ).

Now there are cheaper alternatives from Chinese manufacturers like the Pocofone or the Honor Play but all of them have flaws ranging from the absence of water resistance to software optimization and DRM issues, while the G7 has high-end features like wireless charging. Now the ThinQ has received a lot of negative feedback when it was originally launched since his APN was worse than the one on the G6, and it also had some bloatware, but overall it seems like a good deal for the price, despite its age.
So what do you recommend between this 1-year old flagship and other Chinese cheaper products? I'm also considering getting a OnePlus 5T but it's still costs €100 more than the G7.

Oneplus 5T costs €500 in this day and age? That's wicked expensive. The G7 ThinQ is an excellent phone which unsurprisingly couldn't do well in terms of sales due to LG's incompetent marketing skills. While it lacks a competitive battery and an OLED panel, it is a great device and I think you should go for it.

I'd be fine with getting a G7, even if it's not flawless.

With that said, assuming you're referring to the OnePlus 6T and not the 5T, that's very tempting.  It might feel faster due to the software layer, and it may have software updates for longer.

4 hours ago, Commodus said:

With that said, assuming you're referring to the OnePlus 6T and not the 5T, that's very tempting.  It might feel faster due to the software layer, and it may have software updates for longer.

Nope I was referring to the 5T. The 6T is way more expensive.