Can't Launch Games From New Hard Drive.

Go to solution Solved by Phrench,
5 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

Have you checked the sata cable?

Yea, everything is plugged in correctly, I edited my main post which says i've solved it.

I appreciate the help though!

Hello Everyone,

Today I got a new hard drive - a Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM008 2TB, and after transferring everything from my old drive to my new one, it seems that I can't launch any games that are stored on the drive.

I have uninstalled Steam and all my games and reinstalled Geometry Dash, CS:GO and Rocket League as tests. CS:GO is installed on my SSD and loads completely fine when I launch it, Geometry Dash also works completely fine, Rocket League though, launches and then 5 seconds later crashes, the same thing also happens to other large games like Battlefield 1 and Rainbow Six Siege.

Only the games the are larger than Geometry Dash aren't working and crash after a few seconds, i've also verified integrity of game files and restarted my PC multiple times but it didn't do anything.

I made sure that the installation paths are all correct but nothing will work.

I appreciate any help from anybody.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: THIS HAS BEEN SOLVED - When I was swapping the drive letters, I had to temporarily remove the page file. Just then I remembered that I forgot to recreate it, so when i was trying to launch anything, my system had no page file and everything that needed it would crash because there was insignificant system memory. i made a new page file on my new drive and everything is working perfectly.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

When you transferred the data to your new drive, did you clone the drive or just copy the files? If you cloned the drive, what did you use?

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

Yea, everything is plugged in correctly, I edited my main post which says i've solved it.

I appreciate the help though!

Just now, Razor Blade said:

When you transferred the data to your new drive, did you clone the drive or just copy the files? If you cloned the drive, what did you use?

When I moved everything I closed everything that was running that was installed on the drive using task manager and copied everything with file explorer, but I ended up reinstalling everything anyways.