raspberry pie

i know that there are different views on raspberry pi and i love the idea of it i had an idea that seen as they are what like £15 a piece you could get like 20 and run them in a giant cluster in a pc case, have a few 1tb hdds in there a nice power supply, maybe even an optical drive for £450 it wouldent be the best thing you could do but its a new idea and a goon conversation topic. i want to creat this with about 5 of them, whats your thoughts?

~james

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

They are nice basic DIY PC. I was thing about making it portable, it will have a 28000MaH battery and a 64GB SD card. ^_^

Quote me to get a reply!

When I came here I was expecting kitchens with raspberry pies...

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

nice, i love the flexablity of them, and to be fair the size of them and the power is a great deal

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

i know that there are different views on raspberry pi and i love the idea of it i had an idea that seen as they are what like £15 a piece you could get like 20 and run them in a giant cluster in a pc case, have a few 1tb hdds in there a nice power supply, maybe even an optical drive for £450 it wouldent be the best thing you could do but its a new idea and a goon conversation topic. i want to creat this with about 5 of them, whats your thoughts?

~james

Where can you get Raspberry Pis for £15?

Also, I wouldn't bother to be honest, unless you wanted to run  a little home server with them, I guess that could be cool.

pretty sure storage is done via SD

it is but you can put hdds in

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

yes, have seen it in the past, my friend has done it

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

Where can you get Raspberry Pis for £15?

Also, I wouldn't bother to be honest, unless you wanted to run  a little home server with them, I guess that could be cool.

i was gonna make another small nas or movie thater

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

You could get Intel Atom boards, and second old thin clients that would give muich better performance, at around the same price as the raspberry pis.

The raspberry pis are good for learning to code, and learning basic electronics but they are too slow to be of any use in a cluster like OP mentioned.

~james

What do you want to do with them?

You could get Intel Atom boards, and second old thin clients that would give muich better performance, at around the same price as the raspberry pis.

The raspberry pis are good for learning to code, and learning basic electronics but they are too slow to be of any use in a cluster like OP mentioned.

What do you want to do with them?

a small nas or movie thing

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

What would you do with it?

If I were you I would use 5 of them and use a homeautomation system. Use one to control the heat/ac. Use another one for a outdoor IP Cam Security System. And figure out stuff to do with the rest.

I am planning on using mine to monitor the temp of our outdoor wood boiler.

An arduino and relays would be good for home automation. The raspberry pi is much easier to write software for though.

is more of a project to enjoy as i have a dell poweredge 2950, its ust soothing fun to do

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

They're sufficiently powerful devices to provide a back-end for countless projects. It's amazing what people have accomplished with it. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

The Model B v.2 is the only one really cable of doing that and it's about £30 which you would need at lest 20 of them to get the same amount of power as a FX-6300, so for the same price you could get a bunch of Beagle Bone Blacks which the MPU is much more powerful on but there is no use on the video out do to it being 16 bit and is still a wast of money.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

You could do a system using Arduino's and Pi's. I've seen many people do it before.

I got the same server :D

nice servers aren't they mate just got mine, starting to set it up :D its a hell of a beast

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

but as i said its just something for me as a project

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

I love the rasberry pi, it an amazing piece of accessible technology for l;earning the basics of computing right up to the complicated DIY projects

My computing teacher just put in a bulk order for some, so pupils can come up at lunch and try them out

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

awesome lol, if only......

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}

i got mine with 2gb ram no drac i bought it as a project to put 32gb in and a drac wbu?

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

}