PC restarts during gaming

So as I play games my computer randomly restarts a couple of times when I'm also just on youtube not sure whats the issue.I recently installed new windows and drivers as well but still have the this issue and no over clock everything is at stock configuration. Someone help me out here.

Pc specs are

Threadripper 2950x

mobo asus zenith extreme

auros gtx 1080 ti

G.skill trident z rgb 32gb ram

corsair ax 1600 power supply 

have you updated the bios on your motherboard? and did you get the updates for the cpu/gpu from the websites you need to go, or did you let windows do "its thang"

Here Is My Daily Driver. FEAR MY 180$ COMPUTER AND ALL IT'S RAW POWER.. (i'm Broke) I Get My Money From Doing Builds.......

I5-2500s

Chinese 3 90mm Fan Over Kill For A Non-Overclockable CPU.

8gb ddr3 Samsung.. 1333mhz

Gtx 750ti 2gb EVGA FTW Single-Fan

DQ675W-Motherboard

1tb W.D 7200rpm 64mb Cache HDD

Seasonic SS-350ET 350w Power Supply

Cooler Master Elite 343 Case.. OOOO Fancy...

pcpartpicker

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/TheUssLoliChan/saved/

Just now, TheUssLoliChan said:

have you updated the bios on your motherboard? and did you get the updates for the cpu/gpu from the websites you need to go, or did you let windows do "its thang"

and you might have to check if any of the ram dimms have been seeded in correctly. Are you running anything else in the background.. and is the cpu cooler connected?

simple questions... you never know

Here Is My Daily Driver. FEAR MY 180$ COMPUTER AND ALL IT'S RAW POWER.. (i'm Broke) I Get My Money From Doing Builds.......

I5-2500s

DQ675W-Motherboard

pcpartpicker

1 minute ago, TheUssLoliChan said:

Yeah I updated the bios and I did my own updates as well

2 minutes ago, TheUssLoliChan said:

and you might have to check if any of the ram dimms have been seeded in correctly. Are you running anything else in the background.. and is the cpu cooler connected?

simple questions... you never know

Yeah the cpu cooler is connected its keeping at 45c and all of the ram has been read by windows so i those are fine but I can always double check that

1 minute ago, ninjapotato said:

Yeah I updated the bios and I did my own updates as well

is the ram correctly placed? and is the cpu cooler is stock? or a purchased one

I5-2500s

DQ675W-Motherboard

pcpartpicker

1 minute ago, TheUssLoliChan said:

is the ram correctly placed? and is the cpu cooler is stock? or a purchased one

Yeah the ram is correctly placed and my cooler is a corsair h110i

Nothing is overheating?

Main PC

------------

i5-9400f @2.9GHz | Corsair H100i Elite Capellix |Gigabyte RGB GTX1060 6GB | Corsair CX650M | Island Professional 120GB SSD | Toshiba 2TB HDD | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x16 DDR4 3200MHz  | Corsair iCUE 220T | Windows 10 Pro | CPU R20 Cinebench Score -  pts | OpenGL FPS -  FPS | Novabench Score (OC) -  Base - 

Keyboard and Mouse

------------

Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Cherry Mx Red | Corsair Glaive RGB

Streaming PC (HP Compaq 8100 SFF)

------------

Xeon X3440 @2.53GHz | Radeon HD 6450 | HP Compaq 240watt PSU | Toshiba 1TB HDD | Samsung 2x4 DDR3 1333MHz | HP Compaq 8100 SFF | Windows 10 Pro | CPU Cinebench Score - 409 cb | OpenGL FPS - 16.77 FPS | Novabench Score (OC) - 991 Base - 938

Keyboard and Mouse

------------

Logitech G413 Silver White LED Romer-G Switch | Old Gateway Mouse

Monitors

------------

AOC - 21.5" IPS LED FHD Model - l2279VWHE | AOC - 24" TN Panel FHD 144hz 1ms Response - Model G2460PF

3 minutes ago, RobbinM said:

Games and YouTube use the hardware of the video card. I suggest looking in that corner.

Try updating the graphics driver, maybe reseating the card and pci-e power.

For Nvidia cards it's easier using Geforce Experience to update drivers than downloading and installing manually too

This may have to do with the fact that Windows doesn't play well with Threadripper (it genuinely doesn't know what to do with all the cores, lol). My PC usually shuts down because I put too much stress on the PSU or CPU, my PSU gets really dusty since I have my case open and my CPU is garbo, but you don't have that issue.

Maybe try cleaning out your power supply? That always helps for me, I know it's a different situation but give it a shot.

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

13 minutes ago, TheUssLoliChan said:

-snip-

You should really avoid touching Motherboard BIOS at all costs. As far as this issue is concerned, I'd say it's a failure on the GPU's end and it's most likely software related.  Also @ninjapotato, run some minor OC's to both the GPU and CPU. There might be something, software side, that's accidentally pushing them incorrectly and drawing voltage. Doesn't have to be anything extreme whatsoever, just a little over volt and a little over clock.

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

6 minutes ago, RobbinM said:

Games and YouTube use the hardware of the video card. I suggest looking in that corner.

Try updating the graphics driver, maybe reseating the card and pci-e power.

yeah I'll try that tonight

5 minutes ago, AirSocial said:

Nothing is overheating?

no nothing is over heating i have removed the side panel for easy airflow

Wendell over at Level1Techs did a collab on creating a workaround for performance issues on windows if you're interested.

No signature found

3 minutes ago, _d0nut said:

For Nvidia cards it's easier using Geforce Experience to update drivers than downloading and installing manually too

yeah thats what i used as well

5 minutes ago, mxk. said:

This may have to do with the fact that Windows doesn't play well with Threadripper (it genuinely doesn't know what to do with all the cores, lol). My PC usually shuts down because I put too much stress on the PSU or CPU, my PSU gets really dusty since I have my case open and my CPU is garbo, but you don't have that issue.

Maybe try cleaning out your power supply? That always helps for me, I know it's a different situation but give it a shot.

it could be but I havent used the computer for that long its been almost 2 weeks now

3 minutes ago, CharminUltraStrong said:

You should really avoid touching Motherboard BIOS at all costs. As far as this issue is concerned, I'd say it's a failure on the GPU's end and it's most likely software related.  Also @ninjapotato, run some minor OC's to both the GPU and CPU. There might be something, software side, that's accidentally pushing them incorrectly and drawing voltage. Doesn't have to be anything extreme whatsoever, just a little over volt and a little over clock.

I had to download the bios update for the mbo to read my cpu and sure ii'll try overclocking a bit tonight

Just now, ninjapotato said:

it could be but I havent used the computer for that long its been almost 2 weeks now

Try unplugging all the cables and replacing the PCIe cables with another set from the PSU's box (if you kept them).

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

40 minutes ago, mxk. said:

Try unplugging all the cables and replacing the PCIe cables with another set from the PSU's box (if you kept them).

yeah I'll check my cables I have them laying around