videos are being rendered into un-viewable files instead of videos. Whats happening?

mxk

I'm using a program called shotcut to edit my videos of some gameplay, and the rendered file came out to be a blank, file that can only be read by shotcut itself. When I opened it in shotcut, the video seemed to be all there and it was one large video, but I can't open it with windows media player or upload it to youtube. I'm encoding with libx264, with quality based bitrate at 1080p60. 

Does anyone know a solution to this?

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

Whats the filetype you are getting? I would recommend turning on known filetypes for file explorer if you are advanced user.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, LoGiCalDrm said:

Whats the filetype you are getting? I would recommend turning on known filetypes for file explorer if you are advanced user.

I'm not really sure, but it think it seems to be related to the shotcut video editor, since it can open them and view them. I checked properties of the file and didn't see anything. I'll turn on unknown file types when I'm at my computer tomorrow. 

I uninstalled and reinstalled the program and it seemed to render into an mp4 file like I wanted, but my pc keeps crashing through the render because my cpu is so poopy.

There's a GPU acceleration feature but I have to edit some files in the program or something, so I can't use GPU acceleration to take stress off my CPU until I figure out how to enable it..

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

1 minute ago, mxk. said:

I'm not really sure, but it think it seems to be related to the shotcut video editor, since it can open them and view them. I checked properties of the file and didn't see anything. I'll turn on unknown file types when I'm at my computer tomorrow.

Yeah... I think software did them in its own format, like project format, but for smoother viewing with companys video player. Or something.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Should I just take the time to learn how to use sony vegas? Or should I try and finish rendering this video. I've put a lot into the timeline on this video and would hate to redo it, but I might have to if I can't get this dumb video to render.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

Just now, LoGiCalDrm said:

Yeah... I think software did them in its own format, like project format, but for smoother viewing with companys video player. Or something.

I went onto the shotcut forums and the dev literally told me "just type .mp4 at the end" and it didn't work... So much help.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra