Comodo Firewall or MalwareBytes?

keavlar

Hey All.

What software would you use for your PC security (or if you need to protect someone from your family, and you can't be there always).

There was a topic I created not that long ago, about RAT, and asked how to know if someone connected to your PC, or some malware/trojan stealing from you.

And I was suggested to download the Comodo free firewall. 

Well, I am using it for a few months already, and until now, it was just notifying me, about a legit app, like TeamViewer, Logitec software. 

And yesterday I decided to try free Malwarebytes software, which actually found 5 threats. (Despite having Kaspersky internet security).

So I was wondering, what would you suggest to have on your PC, to secure it?! 

I know pro people will say, don't go to bad places, and use just Windows firewall. Well, I do not know how to use it, and I need it to secure a laptop of a family member, friend. 

And let's say, I can't always be there to help them. Would Malwarebytes with Bitdefender or Kaspersky enough? Do I need the Free Comodo Firewall, cause I kinda find it useless, until now.   

CPU - AMD 5800XMotherboard - ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING , Memory  - G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 ,

GPU - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti MSI SUPRIM X 12G,  Case - 4000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid - Tower ATX Case - Black ,

Storage - Samsung 970 EvoPlus 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB + 6TB HDD,

PSU - Corsair HX1000 , Display -  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27A 165HZ + Dell 24 UltraSharp Monitor , Cooling - Noctua NH-D15 Black , 

Keyboard - Razer Stalker , Mouse - Logitec G502 Wireless , Operating System - Win 10 Pro , 

Sound - Logitech Z906 5.1 THX Surround Sound Speaker System

It depends on your threat model. If you stay away from downloading questionable shit window defenders with a good adblocker(Uorigin) is enough.

Magical Pineapples

3 minutes ago, EMC said:

It depends on your threat model. If you stay away from downloading questionable shit window defenders with a good adblocker(Uorigin).

Model? 

I am a free spirit, I browse everywhere! :) 

CPU - AMD 5800XMotherboard - ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING , Memory  - G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 ,

GPU - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti MSI SUPRIM X 12G,  Case - 4000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid - Tower ATX Case - Black ,

PSU - Corsair HX1000 , Display -  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27A 165HZ + Dell 24 UltraSharp Monitor , Cooling - Noctua NH-D15 Black , 

Keyboard - Razer Stalker , Mouse - Logitec G502 Wireless , Operating System - Win 10 Pro , 

Comodo Firewall. It will show you all programs that want to connect to internet, so you can easily recognize any treats. If properly configured, it may be better protection than av. AV software shows you only warning while positive detection, but firewall shows you warning every program and connection. And it will not slow down your pc.

2 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Comodo Firewall. It will show you all programs that want to connect to internet, so you can easily recognize any treats. If properly configured, it may be better protection than av. AV software shows you only warning while positive detection, but firewall shows you warning every program and connection. And it will not slow down your pc.

So would you recommend me to have all 3 still working together?

Kaspersky Internet Security + Malwarebytes + Comodo free firewall?

1 hour ago, keavlar said:

So would you recommend me to have all 3 still working together?

Kaspersky Internet Security + Malwarebytes + Comodo free firewall?

No, just firewall, unless you're paranoid about security.