Mouse Randomly Scrolls Backwards despite repairs

pavichokche

I have a E-BLUE Mazer II wireless mouse I bought in 2014. For 4 years I had no issues with the scroll wheel, and then it started to randomly send backwards scrolls sometimes, along with the proper ones. I cleaned it, and it was good for a little while. I took apart the encoder wheel inside (it's this type of mechanism) cleaned it thoroughly, and again it was good for a little while. Then I purchased brand new encoder wheels and soldered on a brand new one. It was good as new, but again SOMEHOW it didn't last! At this point I'm beyond comprehension how this is even possible.

My only guess is that the mechanism is maybe very sensitive to dust particles or cat hairs, because as soon as I take it apart or even just blow in the wheel area, it seems to work normally for a little while (talking a few days at best here).

What could this be? Any ideas for things I can look at to replace/clean/cover?

Spray it with WD 40.

This thing do wonders 

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

im sorry to say but it most likely would be better to get a new mouse that is similar to the one you have. 

Rig 1: i7-9700k OC'd to 5.0ghz all core | EVGA XC RTX 2080Ti | ADATA DDR4 2400mhz 4x8gb | ASUS PRIME Z370-P | Asetek 550LC 120mm | ADATA 480GB SSD & Toshiba P300 3TB | Cooler Master Masterbox MB500 | Win 10 Home | Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum, G502 Proteus Spectrum, G933 Artemis Spectrum Snow Wireless Limited Edition, Corsair MM300 Mouse Pad | 2 MSI Optix Curved 27" FHD Monitors 

(before i sold the WD drive and MSI gpu - https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11946219 171 gaming. felt good.)

Rig 2: i7-7700k Stock clocks | MSI Armor GTX 1070 | ADATA DDR4 2400mhz 2x8GB | MSI Z270 A-Pro | WD Green 240GB SSD & 2TB Seagate HDD | Thermaltake Core G21 Tempered Glass Edition | Win 10 Home | 2 HP Omen FHD 144hz 24.5" Monitors 

Rig 3: i7-6700 | GT 730 & GT 645 OEM | Some random DDR4 2133mhz 2x8gb sticks | OEM Dell Mobo | WD Black 2TB HDD & Toshiba 1TB HDD | Win 10 Home | 3 27" Dell FHD Monitors 

Rig 4: i7-4770 | EVGA SSC 1050ti | Some random DDR3 ram 2x2gb and 2x4gb sticks | OEM Dell Mobo | Stock Cooler | 1TB WD Black HDD | Win 7 Home 

RIP 

Rig 5 (dead and dismantled and sold) : i7-7820X OC'd to 4.8ghz all core | MSI DUKE 1080ti | ADATA DDR4 2400mhz 4x8gb | Gigabyte X299 UD4 PRO | Asetek 240mm AIO | WD Green 240gb SSD | Other various components that I can't remember

Rig 6 (same fate as rig 5) i7-8700k stock clocks | MSI DUKE 1080ti | ADATA DDR4 2400mhz 2x8gb | MSI Z370 A-Pro | Asetek 550LC 120mm | WD Green 240GB SSD & Toshiba 2TB HDD | Other various components that I can't Remember 

I don't know why I bother with these forums...

Anyway, the issue isn't the solder joint between the new encoder wheel and the PCB. To test whether or not the issue is dust, I've wrapped the encoder wheel in a piece of plastic. If the problem still comes back, then obviously it's not caused by dust, or at least not dust buildup on the encoder wheel. In that case my next thing to try is to spray and clean the whole PCB with isopropyl alcohol and the key contacts with contact cleaner.

You are probably best off just buying a new mouse

Do i Recommend Ryzen? Yes. All of the Yes.

Main Rig Specs - BIG BOI

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9Ghz

ASUS Gaming TUF B450 Micro-ATX

2x4Gb HyperX DDR4 @2133

GTX 1070 Founders Edition

Corsair Crystal 280X

500Gb SanDisk Sata SSD, 1Tb 7200RPM Hdd

EVGA 500 Watt 80+ Bronze

EKWB A240

What is wrong with you people, is this a meme or something? Do you buy a new car whenever you get a 'Check Engine' light? The mouse is currently functioning 100% fine, I'm just trying to figure out an issue which comes up sometimes.

The reason they are telling you it's probably a good idea to just replace the mouse is because it is already older, and stuff like this may start to have issues

The mouse is relatively inexpensive so replacing it may or may not be the best option.

It could be something wrong with the controller even, something shorting where it shouldn't be.

if it's just dust you may have answered your own problem.

Current Build

Spoiler
  • CPU
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
  • GPU
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
  • Sound
  • Operating System

tell you the truth,plz replace a new one.

i used to test E-BLUE's mouse and keyboard for sometimes.really sucks.

change it for a better experience.