PCIE 3.0 does not work?

nonamee33

Hey guys!

There is a problem with my motherboard (MSI b350 mortar arctic). After a lot of hours of troubleshooting I still do not know what could be the problem. My motherboard does not recognize my videocard if it is installed to the PCIE 3.0 X16 slot (the upper one). I cannot get to the bios, since when i power up the system the VGA ez debug led is on.

So far i have tried : - Bios update (i have the latest 2019 jan.02.)
                               - Chipset driver update
                               - I even changed my ram ( does not work with 1 nor 2 sticks of ram)
                               - I have the latest version of windows 10 too

- I have reseated the card a lot of times

However i can get to windows if i install the card to the pcie 2.0 x4 (the lowest slot).

The other day i installed my card to the 3.0 slot just to see if it works, and i could get to windows, however when i rebooted to enable xmp, i saved the changes to the uefi and after that i could not get to the uefi even if I tried put the card to the other slot (2.0). After a cmos clear i could get to windows with the 2.0 slot. I tried the 3.0 slot with an older card (Gigabyte radeon hd 6670) and the system worked fine!

I hope someone can help me
Thank you so much!

If it's working with the other card then I don't think the slot itself is damaged or not working electrically in any way.  I'd reset the BIOS to 100% stock, use DDU to uninstall the driver, then put the card in the x16 slot and see if it displays.  Then reinstall driver and go from there.

Hey!

Thanks for the advice! I did not work for me unfortunately :(