SMD Capacitors missing from Graphics Card

AshleyKitty123

Hello everyone! A week ago i got this GeForce 9600 GT from a booth fair for a very low price. Took it home, cleaned it and after i tested it, btw it works perfectly fine, i noticed there are these 3 little SMD caps missing on the back. They seem to be close to the Vram chips, and i was wondering if this would affect the Card in any way (I do understand that a missing component is gonna affect something, but it seems to work without a problem for now).

PS: I do have some spare SMD caps i "salvaged" off a dead Core 2 Duo CPU i got rid of, they are the same size, just a slightly different color, if those would work to replace the missing ones.

IMG_20190121_204203.jpg

IMG_20190121_204517.jpg

IMG_20190121_204920.jpg

Just because they look the same doesn't mean they are the same. If they are different and you install them there is a risk of malfunctioning an posably destroying the card. Probably not, but still not a good idea.

If it works fine now then I wouldn't try doing anything. As they say if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Gaming Rig:CPU: Xeon E3-1230 v2¦RAM: 16GB DDR3 Balistix 1600Mhz¦MB: MSI Z77A-G43¦HDD: 480GB SSD, 3.5TB HDDs¦GPU: AMD Radeon VII¦PSU: FSP 700W¦Case: Carbide 300R

@campy i think it is obvious which one is intentionally left empty and the one that chipped away.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w