Best cheap TV casting device by supported media

MaciejT

Hey guys,

I got Google Chromecast 2, it was great, but there are more and more video files which it can't handle.

I'm looking for replacement -  for something  simple and not expansive, with wide range of supported encoders etc.

Can you help me?

On 1/21/2019 at 3:20 AM, MaciejT said:

Hey guys,

I got Google Chromecast 2, it was great, but there are more and more video files which it can't handle.

I'm looking for replacement -  for something  simple and not expansive, with wide range of supported encoders etc.

Can you help me?

We use both Fire Sticks and Roku's in my house. Out of the two I think the Roku is a little better. While I dont really use one myself as my dad has the Roku, he says he likes the interface a bit better. Also, Roku has its own app on the device that give access to some free content, older movies and such. Plus the Roku's have the ability to be CAST to. Another thing is Google hates Amazon, so none of the Google Service work on Amazon's products. I mean you can get Youtube but thats only because you install a Web Browser on the Fire Stick. 

The real plus on the fire stick is you can easily flash it and put things like Kodi on it. People do this because Kodi is a very capable media player......... ehhhh Fuck it.... Kodi has third party add ons that allow piracy. There I said it. Though it is capable media software piracy aside. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.