Help to choose a motherboard

Hey. After days of searching for the best budget components i could get in my country, i ended up with this:

GPU: Asus Strix gtx 1060 6gb
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 3200MHz CL16
SSD: Crucial MX500 250GB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB

Now i don't know which mobo to go for.

Asus Strix B450-F Gaming or Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero.

Hero is just 20$ more expensive so i don't care which one i get.

I don't plan on OC'ing the CPU, i just want its precision boost to work (i'll get an aftermarket cooler after more research), i care about the rams hitting those speeds.

I'm a noob, its my first ever pc build, i got no clue when it comes to overclocking.

Any help is appreciated.

Well, why neither? I got the gpu that i can sync the light with, so i kinda wanna go with Asus.

4 minutes ago, Attitude12 said:

Well, why neither? I got the gpu that i can sync the light with, so i kinda wanna go with Asus.

Get Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero since it's only $20 more than the STRIX B450-F. It's a pretty decent motherboard tbh.

BTW, make sure to quote people when you want to reply to them by clicking that arrow button at the bottom of people's posts.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

the crosshair VI hero is stupidly overbuilt (aka is overkill), not really necessary. How about X470-F strix?

Just now, Geography said:

Get Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero since it's only $20 more than the STRIX B450-F. It's a pretty decent motherboard tbh.

I won't have any issues? I mean, on paper it sounds better than the B450. And i clearly don't need the extra ports and connectors. I also read that you can upgrade the bios without a CPU if it's not already updated it. Will XFR2 and Precision Boost work with it?

1 minute ago, Firewrath9 said:

the crosshair VI hero is stupidly overbuilt (aka is overkill), not really necessary. How about X470-F strix?

Way too expensive for me atm.

13 minutes ago, Attitude12 said:

Hey. After days of searching for the best budget components i could get in my country, i ended up with this:

GPU: Asus Strix gtx 1060 6gb
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 3200MHz CL16
SSD: Crucial MX500 250GB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB

Now i don't know which mobo to go for.

Asus Strix B450-F Gaming or Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero.

Hero is just 20$ more expensive so i don't care which one i get.

I don't plan on OC'ing the CPU, i just want its precision boost to work (i'll get an aftermarket cooler after more research), i care about the rams hitting those speeds.

I'm a noob, its my first ever pc build, i got no clue when it comes to overclocking.

Any help is appreciated.

Try the BIOSTAR X370GT7

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138447

Yes yes its a biostar, but its on sale for 80 bucks and its an x370. Check it out :)

Unless you can't get it were you live? I assumed you lived in the US sorry.

Just now, Attitude12 said:

I won't have any issues? I mean, on paper it sounds better than the B450. And i clearly don't need the extra ports and connectors. I also read that you can upgrade the bios without a CPU if it's not already updated it. Will XFR2 and Precision Boost work with it?

You won't have any issues, no need to worry. Just get the Crosshair VI Hero if it's within your budget.

1 minute ago, owen_pi said:

Yes yes its a biostar, but its on sale for 80 bucks and its an x370. Check it out :)

It won't work with a 2600x without a BIOS update (which requires a first gen Ryzen CPU).

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

Yeah, not from US, those sites will kill me with shipping fees (i'm from Romania) so i can't really buy it from another countries, it's just not worth it, with the money i pay for the shipping i end up with a way better board here. Also, i got all my components, except the mobo so i'm kinda excited to get it asap.

So, basically, the hero will be better than the B450, right?

I actually already ordered the B450 but it hasn't been shipped yet, so i got a few hours to choose. And for 20$ + or - i really don't care.

Please update system BIOS before upgrade your processor (CPU) to avoid system failure 24
* (R) Please Ensure You Had Updated the Latest BIOS Before Install the Raven Ridge CPU.

Ok dont get the biostar board lol

Get the Hero.

The Hero is a high end X370 board with very high-end features (and better than the X370-F Strix).

The B450-F Strix is a mid-end B450 board with okay ish features.

Only thing is, the Hero might not be guaranteed to work with the 2600X. That's all however

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

Just now, NunoLava1998 said:

Get the Hero.

The Hero is a high end X370 board with very high-end features (and better than the X370-F Strix).

The B450-F Strix is a mid-end B450 board with okay ish features.

Only thing is, the Hero might not be guaranteed to work with the 2600X. That's all however

You mean it won't work at all? Or that i need to update the bios for it to work?

You mean it won't work at all? Or that i need to update the bios for it to work?

You need to update the BIOS.

However, in most cases new boards will already have the new BIOS (or atleast a BIOS new enough to support the 2600X). It's not guaranteed however

1 minute ago, NunoLava1998 said:

You need to update the BIOS.

However, in most cases new boards will already have the new BIOS (or atleast a BIOS new enough to support the 2600X). It's not guaranteed however

Doesn't matter. It has the bios flashback thingie, and i got a usb flash drive and my laptop. I just wanna be sure that getting the hero will be an improvement over the b450.

Doesn't matter. It has the bios flashback thingie, and i got a usb flash drive and my laptop. I just wanna be sure that getting the hero will be an improvement over the b450.

Pretty big improvement. Go for the Hero

3 minutes ago, NunoLava1998 said:

Pretty big improvement. Go for the Hero

Ok, i'll go for the Crosshair VI Hero then. Thank you all for the help and the inputs. :)