Go to solution Solved by Spotty,
10 minutes ago, Tomb_Vii said:

INTERNET SPECS

ARRIS TG2482A Router

400mbps Download
50-75mbps Upload

ISP Ping 8ms

Connected Through CAT7 Ethernet Cable

If you're connected using ethernet and your ping is <10ms to your ISP then there's really not a lot you can do to improve your ping in games. That really comes down to the game server locations and your ISPs network routing. There's not much you can really do about that.

12 minutes ago, Tomb_Vii said:

Now That I've Said That I Notice That On A Couple Of Games I Play, Specifically Sea Of Thieves And Fortnite, My Ping Hovers Around Both 60 Ping For Fortnite And 80 For Sea Of Thieves, I Use Cloud Flares 1.1.1.1 DNS And 1.0.0.1 Backup DNS And Get 30 Ping At Most On Games Like CSGO.

Those pings seem fairly respectable. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

So Before I Say Anything Let Me Be Clear On Specs.

PC SPECS
Intel i5 9600k 6 Core 6 Thread CPU OC @ 4.40ghz

Nvidia GTX 1060 OC 6GB
16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance RAM

2TB HDD
500GB SSD

800W PSU

Gigabit LAN

INTERNET SPECS

ARRIS TG2482A Router

400mbps Download
50-75mbps Upload

ISP Ping 8ms

Now That I've Said That I Notice That On A Couple Of Games I Play, Specifically Sea Of Thieves And Fortnite, My Ping Hovers Around Both 60 Ping For Fortnite And 80 For Sea Of Thieves, I Use Cloud Flares 1.1.1.1 DNS And 1.0.0.1 Backup DNS And Get 30 Ping At Most On Games Like CSGO. Curious If There Is Anything Else I Can Do That Can Further Improve My Ping For These 2 Games, Looking To Get Both Under 40. I Currently Reside In Central America Around Southwest Missouri Borderline. I Want To Try PingKiller But I Don't Have The Money At The Moment So I'm Looking For Any Free Options Or Hardware/Software Specific Things I Can Do.

Prior comment reported for personal attack, foul language.

@Tomb_ViiLol...you've got better Internet than I do and your ping times are excellent.  You'd be better off focusing your optimization efforts elsewhere.  Updating drivers, etc.  Honestly, those are great times.  The latency's likely more from the game servers than your connection.

Ping is 98% up to your ISP and the location of the data centers for the games you're playing. As long as you're using a wired connection there is basically nothing you can do on your end to reduce your ping. That being said, in modern games, lag compensation is good enough that ping under 200 will be barely noticeable.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

@PineyCreekThanks For The Report Btw ^ Did The Same. The Times Arent Too Big A Deal But I Play Semi Professionally So Its Just A Bother Lol. Especially When Building On Fortnite.

1 minute ago, Tomb_Vii said:

@PineyCreekThanks For The Report Btw ^ Did The Same. The Times Arent Too Big A Deal But I Play Semi Professionally So Its Just A Bother Lol. Especially When Building On Fortnite.

Ima give you some solid advice, don't capitalize every letter of every word. Just type a normal sentence. But I also reported that guy too, it's all he does on this forum, so don't take it personally. His account should hopefully be locked soon enough.

1 minute ago, TempestCatto said:

Ima give you some solid advice, don't capitalize every letter of every word. Just type a normal sentence. But I also reported that guy too, it's all he does on this forum, so don't take it personally. His account should hopefully be locked soon enough.

Lmao Long Time Habit Friend. No Breaking It Unless I Have To For Work Some Day. Trust Me Everybody Hates Me For It Lol

once you're wired in and have a decent enough router, there's really nothing left to do to improve ping times.

and 60ms ping is pretty good.

10 minutes ago, Tomb_Vii said:

INTERNET SPECS

ARRIS TG2482A Router

400mbps Download
50-75mbps Upload

ISP Ping 8ms

If you're connected using ethernet and your ping is <10ms to your ISP then there's really not a lot you can do to improve your ping in games. That really comes down to the game server locations and your ISPs network routing. There's not much you can really do about that.

12 minutes ago, Tomb_Vii said:

Now That I've Said That I Notice That On A Couple Of Games I Play, Specifically Sea Of Thieves And Fortnite, My Ping Hovers Around Both 60 Ping For Fortnite And 80 For Sea Of Thieves, I Use Cloud Flares 1.1.1.1 DNS And 1.0.0.1 Backup DNS And Get 30 Ping At Most On Games Like CSGO.

Those pings seem fairly respectable. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450