Is limited stock as soon as a product is launched an issue

Ryanwake

Is limited stock as soon as a product is launched an issue  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Would u like an early launch of products like gpus and game consoles, even if u still couldn't get it early?

• Sure YouTube benchmarks are good enough for me, I'll get it in a month
    • No, if I can't have it neither can you
    • Surr, but I want there to be enough so there's a chance I could get one

Would u rather for example the Nintendo switch, when it was launched they weren't prepared for the damand.

But we know they were starting gass production for months before launch, and I'm sure YouTube's had them at least a month early.

But would if the Nintendo switch launched even earlier that that, as soon as there was like 10k ready to be shipped they shipped worldwide, and it was hard to get one for awhile but u still could get it, maybe not at launch but u could.

The same for gpus even if they only had a few hundred ready, u could still get one maybe before the original launch could be.

Plus YouTubers could benchmark them, and it would force devs to develop with them giving u a better experience

No. This is annoying from every angle. For companies it would lead to even worse press. For the end-user it means having to wait. All that happens is a few greedy ones get em and now you're seeing $2,500-5,000 ebay prices.

1 minute ago, King Poet said:

No. This is annoying from every angle. For companies it would lead to even worse press. For the end-user it means having to wait. All that happens is a few greedy ones get em and now you're seeing $2,500-5,000 ebay prices.

IDK y is it worse press, just be up front about it and say we will have more.

Scalpers are always a problem, but if we know when we'll get more then it's fine.

Plus scalpeing and lying to get a sale is against eBay turns of service

5 minutes ago, King Poet said:

I'm not talking about getting it a year early just 1-3 months and being up front about it

Just send it to the YouTubers to review, let the hype build up a little, and release it with enough quantity for me to actually buy.

"uhhhhhhhhhh yeah id go with the 2600 its a good value for the money"

1 minute ago, Ryanwake said:

Scalpers are always a problem, but if we know when we'll get more then it's fine.

Because you're creating a constant "haves vs. have nots" scenario and that gets old quickly. People will lash out at the company causing the problem at some point.

Just now, Ryanwake said:

I'm not talking about getting it a year early just 1-3 months and being up front about it

It's still silly. The world is not an even playing field, so creating a situation where only those with very high means get something... not a good look or feel for anyone.

1 minute ago, 2SidedPolygon said:

Just send it to the YouTubers to review, let the hype build up a little, and release it with enough quantity for me to actually buy.

Maybe pre orders/ limited distribution after the youtubes get samples

Just now, Ryanwake said:

Maybe pre orders/ limited distribution after the youtubes get samples

Why? That's just annoying IMO. If you're going to release it, let me buy the damned thing.

"uhhhhhhhhhh yeah id go with the 2600 its a good value for the money"

Another reason that this would be harmful is that retailers would just jack the prices up like when the mining shortage happened.

1 minute ago, King Poet said:

Another reason that this would be harmful is that retailers would just jack the prices up like when the mining shortage happened.

Brands can force retailers to have reasonable prices, we see that occasionally, when the import cost is too expensive, or when and released Vega it was $100 cheaper.

Obviously I don't want price raises, but I think we can have limited distribution, but not too limited.

Also pre orders may be unrealistic if we don't understand how powerful the cards are but that's what YouTubers are for.

But maybe and is giving us the cards too soon, I'm asking more in general.

If x company could give us a solid distribution then they dont need to get a solid stock before launch.

And if cards need more time in software development, well I think people can understand that.

4 minutes ago, Ryanwake said:

Brands can force retailers to have reasonable prices, we see that occasionally, when the import cost is too expensive, or when and released Vega it was $100 cheaper.

Obviously I don't want price raises, but I think we can have limited distribution, but not too limited.

Also pre orders may be unrealistic if we don't understand how powerful the cards are but that's what YouTubers are for.

But maybe and is giving us the cards too soon, I'm asking more in general.

If x company could give us a solid distribution then they dont need to get a solid stock before launch.

And if cards need more time in software development, well I think people can understand that.

This is just not how any of this works. What you're saying is not taking the way business works into account, so it would just never be. The only control Nvidia has is over AIBs. MSRP is call that for a reason. They can suggest a price, but they cannot enforce it everywhere. They also don't want you to be informed and pre-order. They want you to pre-order as uninformed as possible. Eh, let me stop. This is pointless.

8 hours ago, King Poet said:

This is just not how any of this works. What you're saying is not taking the way business works into account, so it would just never be. The only control Nvidia has is over AIBs. MSRP is call that for a reason

First of all yes it is, AMD is happy to release a card with barley enough stock.

Obviously I don't want this

Just this, but like every 30 days

And y would companies be afarid of the performance of their card, I imagine if the drivers aren't ready sure it can wait.

But relsing the card to YouTubers first and once we get benchmarks, I don't see anything wrong with pre orders.

And allowing people tp 2080 TI preorder today, that would be better so they know how many people want it, and it could give people some eta as to when they could expect the next shipment in

None of the reasons you mentioned in this thread make any sense...

10 hours ago, Ryanwake said:

Plus YouTubers could benchmark them, and it would force devs to develop with them giving u a better experience

Devs develop things for them way before the product even reaches YouTubers... how do you expect people to benchmark a product that doesn't have any amount of development done for it?

Would u rather for example the Nintendo switch, when it was launched they weren't prepared for the damand.

Nintendo didn't have enough for everyone, that's not a good thing. Just cause Nintendo did it, doesn't mean everyone else should. 

But would if the Nintendo switch launched even earlier that that, as soon as there was like 10k ready to be shipped they shipped worldwide, and it was hard to get one for awhile but u still could get it, maybe not at launch but u could.

What?

The same for gpus even if they only had a few hundred ready, u could still get one maybe before the original launch could be.

Why would anyone do this.. do you have any idea of what you're talking about?

Of course you don't know.. 

As if that stopped people lmao..

Why? How's the company gonna benefit from the stagnation period?

9 hours ago, Ryanwake said:

Brands don't have that much power over retailers.

Retailers add to the cost of the product so that they get a profit (among other things), if the product costs more to import then the consumer is harmed.

Oh dear Gaben..

13 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

Oh dear Gaben..

I was starting to feel like I was the crazy one... ?